Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assume the function of Senior Resource Planning Coordinator, supporting the Manager, Employee Planning & Development at Toronto Cargo.
This position is responsible for the planning, implementation, deployment and reporting of resources (Lead Customer Service Agents, Customer Service Agents, Lead Station Attendants and Station Attendants) at Toronto Cargo.
- Pre-plan staff levels and plan resource requirements against operational requirements (optimizing costs).
- Develop daily staff rosters.
- Responsible for planning and backfilling all relief assignments .
- Adjust staffing levels in response to operational changes.
- Documentation & reporting of staff assignments for payroll purposes.
- Tracking and highlight of turnover dates of employees.
- Oversee the equalization of employees schedules with shift cycle changes and assignments.
- Monitor and staff long term vacancies as required, coordinate absenteeism and return to work programs.
- Process requests from union office for union time clearances.
- Maintain employee seniority lists due to retirements, resignations, transfers and terminations.
- Schedule all vacation and general holiday vacancies with allotted vacation relief staff.
- Develop IAMAW shift plans and patterns associated with major schedule changes
- Annually build new work plan in Staff Admin per determined resource requirements.
- Prepare all work plan related documents for distribution to unionized employees.
- Coordinate with Planning and Development Manager all aspects of the shift, vacation and general holiday bid.
- Participate in disciplinary hearings and ensure preventative and/or corrective action is taken for time and attendance issues.
- Coordinate with Employee Reliability Manager on all rehabilitation assignments and return to work schedules.
- Oversee mandatory and regulatory training of unionized employees including completion and compliance.
- Manages the escalation of employee pay concerns.
- Sound knowledge of Cargo operations
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; dealing effectively with all levels of staff
- Ability to establish work priorities and perform under deadline pressures
- Must be able to work irregular hours and shifts including weekends
- Knowledge of the IAMAW Collective Agreement, a definite asset
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.