Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada faces exciting challenges these days with the implementation of the future Loyalty program for 2020. At the center of this transition, the Aeroplan Currency Management team is mandated to develop levers and Program constructs allowing the optimization of the Loyalty business unit’s contribution to the revenue and profitability of Air Canada, while delivering great value to our members. As an Analyst in the Loyalty Currency Management Development team, you will be responsible for the integration of strategic solutions for new redemption platforms, tools and levers aligned with the company's long-term objectives. Leveraging advanced technological and analytical tools, such as AI and machine learning platforms and techniques, Loyalty Currency Management tools and advanced models, as well as statistical and financial modeling techniques, you will help transform and augment the redemption process effectiveness so that bottom line savings and revenue to Air Canada are maximized.
- Responsible for recommendation and integration of new strategic solutions and levers to manage unit cost, redemption volume, and value per point.
- Develop and implement advanced statistical models to increase the department understanding of future redemption behavior and performance and assess the impact on financial outcomes in order to maximize ROI and overall profitability.
- Support development of redemption management levers within platform implementations.
- Support development of initiatives aiming at unlocking synergies between the Aeroplan Currency Management team and other teams and departments.
- Support development of Aeroplan Currency Management initiatives and foster innovation within the team.
- Analyze loyalty redemption trends, develop predictive and prescriptive models and make recommendations for cost-effectiveness opportunities while ensuring member satisfaction.
- Represent the team’s interests in corporate initiatives, making sure profitability levers and efficiency of processes are taken into consideration.
- Participate in financial modeling of strategic product and program development and enhancements.
- Proactively engage in creating, automating, assessing, evaluating & iteratively improving models, insights and data assets.
- Support quantification of impacts and risks of product parameter management and marketing activities using various forms of interrelated subjects like mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, behavioral economics and computer science.
- Participate in development of advanced business rules engines, optimizers and machine learning tools into the management of redemption parameters and platforms.
- Explore, generate and source data relevant to hypotheses and assumptions used in business case evaluations.
- Implement measurement, governance and documentation framework for all project work and initiatives.
- Innovate and find creative ways to source and leverage big data to support advanced modeling efforts, leveraging structured and unstructured data, and cutting-edge big data technologies.
- Demonstrate creativity and resilience to go beyond current program knowledge and understanding.
- Turn insights into concrete actions benefiting the redemption portfolio profitability.
- Develop tools from various fields – Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economy, Behavioral Economics, Computer Science, etc. – to come up with sophisticated models used for understanding of redemption performance and member behaviors.
- Learn, use and experiment new up-to-date techniques and determine which ones have potential to be applied and useful to loyalty projects.
- Provide value-added support to other departments by performing various analyses on redemption data.
- Use data visualization techniques to disseminate the discoveries to other departments in an interesting manner.
- Build knowledge base of insights and setup process for proper internal dissemination.
- At least 2 years in a similar position.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Experience with common data science toolkit, such as R, NumPy, SAS, etc. At least one of these is mandatory.
- Programing skills. Knowledge of SQL and Python are mandatory.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau is mandatory.
- Experience in Big data environment such as Hadoop, Phoenix, Hive is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Financial Risk modeling and Monte-Carlo simulation like Crystal Ball and @Risk is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques and programming is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of advanced data analysis and forecasting.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of business concepts including revenue management, loyalty management and data marketing.
- Thrilled to tackle business challenges and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while paying attention to details.
- Ability to deliver work quality in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts into simple ones (i.e. story-telling skills).
- Written and verbal communication skills (bilingual, English and French).
- Positive thinking and sense of humor.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Intelligence, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.