Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Base station: Calgary
The Customer Service Training Team is looking for a dynamic, proactive and motivated individual, who will use highly developed learning design and delivery skills to create meaningful learning solutions, and excellent communications skills to build strong working relationships across the organisation. This position requires travel.
- Initiate and develop learning strategies to improve and enhance individual and operational performance.
- Effectively manage all learning activities in the portfolio ensuring that plans are executed effectively at all stages of the training cycle.
- Foster relationships with Branch stakeholders and other sectors of the Air Canada organisation.
- Proactively identify training and learning needs relating to skills, policy, process and tools and create a strategy to address them.
- Develop a rolling training plan to ensure that all regular training events are planned and executed effectively.
- Communicate training delivery feedback; providing analysis and insight on successes, failures and suggestions of improvements or change where relevant.
- Ensure effective, proactive and timely communication within the team providing status reports when requested.
- Manage and maintain all training programs ensuring that the content is current, and any test data secured.
- Work closely with colleagues in Corporate Training, contributing and supporting to other activities where required.
- Be a Brand Ambassador for Air Canada and promote its Corporate Values and Flight Path.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the design and development of learning, ideally in a customer service environment.
- Proven ability to design high-quality needs-driven learning using current methodologies to maximize time investment and benefit
- Proven ability/ track record in managing multiple tasks, projects on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent facilitation skills; the ability to manage challenges in the training room.
- Must demonstrate drive for excellence and commitment and ‘can do’ attitude
- Must demonstrate flexibility, and ability to think creatively in a challenging operational environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is required. Additional languages are an asset.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Numerate and literate with PC skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word is a requirement
- Strong commitment to teamwork and simultaneously be self-reliant
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations efficiently
- High regard for safety
- Highly flexible and adaptable to changing and challenging requirements
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Sound and recent knowledge of Air Canada processes
- Sound knowledge of adult learning methodologies
- Bachelor of Education or similar certification, a definite asset
- Must be willing to travel frequently, for various periods of time
- Flexible to adapt to last minute schedule changes for on-site training delivery
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.