Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, Catering Product Design - Catering Product Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and management of meal specifications and commissary products within designated markets.
The Catering Product Manager must possess good analytical skills, be innovative and creative, be able to maintain a relationship of trust with peers, suppliers, and various Air Canada business units.
- Develop and implement new meal specifications for menu changes, new stations start-ups and service concepts; provide support at new station start-ups and menu launches as required
- Create and maintain documentation associated with meal changes such as but not limited to the following: meal grids, boarding scales, catering documentation, onboard cabin crew serving instructions
- Coordinate, communication and review overall changes with internal & external stakeholders
- Conduct regular audits to ensure product specifications and consistency is being adhered to by caterers and suppliers
- Organize type-trials for new food products, monitor crew and customer feedback
- Review and respond to customer and crew complaints and feedback overall
- Manage day to day product issues and queries and provides associated feedback and resolutions
- Maintain the information regarding the Air Canada Special Meals program on various platforms.
- Maintain budget targets; manage meal and product unit costs for designated portfolio. Ensure that these are reviewed and updated on regular basis to ensure accuracy within internal systems.
- Negotiate with suppliers & caterers on pricing and ensure Air Canada has best value for money spent.
- Create, communicate and maintain all meal details in internal Air Canada systems which includes billing information as well as product details
- Prepare tender package information and specifications for areas such as but not limited to inflight catering, commissary products and printed menu tenders
- Conduct cost analysis for new projects and overall spend.
- Manage the printed menu program. This includes and is not limited to: the printed menu budget, stations ordering requirements, review of menu files to ensure accuracy, communication of menu changes, review of invoices, inventories and overall printed menu management.
- Minimum 3 years of hospitality industry experience an asset
- University degree in Marketing or Hospitality/Culinary Industry preferred
- Experience in airline catering or within a caterer an asset
- Experience in vendor management an asset
- Experience in data analysis an asset
- Sound knowledge of airport environment an asset
- Strong communication skills required
- Strong organizational skills required
- High degree of flexibility is required
- Can adapt quickly to change in direction and priorities
- Strong teamwork attitude and collaborative approach
- High degree of autonomy
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
- Capable of working under pressure to meet tight deadlines, under or without supervision
- Available to travel as required
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.