Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
A vacancy exists for the position of Financial Services Analyst. This position reports to the Manager Financial Services – Corporate Branches.
- Ensure effective financial managing processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with policies and requirements
- Establish a positive relationship with management of client Business Units to become "part of the team", effectively balancing financial control, advisory and support roles
- Assist clients in all financial aspects of the management control process (i.e., Plan/Budget/Implement/Measure and Evaluate/Adjust)
- Provide financial support and guidance to business unit managers in the development of strategies and initiatives to meet or exceed the Unit's financial goals, including revenue enhancement and/or cost reduction initiatives
- Perform cost and value comparisons using internal and external data to continuously improve the financial performance of the business unit
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality in service provided relative to timeliness, accuracy, and user-friendly output
- Undergraduate degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Solid analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial analysis techniques
- Ability to learn financial software/applications
- Well-developed Microsoft Excel skills
- Self-starter, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity
- Ability to work under pressure and well organized
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.