Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Estates Specialist ensures a timely and accurate delivery of all matters pertaining to the Estates process for employees and retirees.
- Actively manage estate cases in a professional and timely manner
- Effectively and promptly communicate with internal and external customers and manage their expectations
- Demonstrate compassion and sensitivity when dealing with customers
- Provide guidance to executors/beneficiaries on the required documentation and assist them with the completion of forms, update of employee profile as well as other related requests
- Manage and review documents submitted by executors or beneficiaries to ensure that all legal criteria to settle the Estate with Air Canada are fully met, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and consistency in document verification
- Work closely with our Pension administrators and Insurance providers
- Manage investigations and escalated cases by working with other internal Air Canada business partners (benefits, pension, travel, payroll, law branch and other business units) as well as third-party vendors (insurance companies and/or other service providers, Law firms and Government agencies such as Public Curator)
- Manage on-going process improvements within the Estate Department and update procedures/guidelines, as required
- Mature self-starter with the ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, in both official languages
- Demonstrated strong customer focus skills
- Ability to exercise impeccable judgement, confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of tact and discretion at all times when dealing with employees and families under sensitive situations
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong computer skills with the Microsoft Office suite and other software
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, HR policies and procedures an asset
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.