The Fleet Coordinator is the first point of contact for any issue that could affect technical dispatch or the continuation of aircraft in flight, using the technical skill set and resourcefulness to provide this service. They are also responsible for maintaining safety, improving efficiency, and ultimately optimizing the overall passenger experience.
- Provide central coordinating point for all Line Maintenance activities on around-the-clock basis including operating emergency situations.
- Provide technical assistance and support to Line Maintenance stations, Flight Crews and Flight Dispatch.
- Evaluate, assess and coordinate down line effects of mechanical incidents.
- Coordinate flow of information between Scheduling/S.O.C., STOC, Planning, Flight Dispatch, Supply Chain Management and Line Stations.
- Assist with the interpretation of limits and procedures as well as maintain and report deviation files and aircraft operation records.
- Monitor and record aircraft operating incidents, irregularities and delays as well as prepare Daily Maintenance Operation Summary.
- Monitor deferred Aircraft Maintenance Production work and significant program delays.
- Possess an A.M.E. M2 or E Licence with active endorsements on a minimum of one (1) aircraft type or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge of regulatory programs/agencies (Maintenance Control Manual, Transport Canada, FAA).
- Willingness to work shifts and at times extended hours.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability for team work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent English communication skills both (oral & written).
- Ability to deal effectively with internal/external customers.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Demonstrate high quality of work.
- Sound judgment and strong sense of initiative in taking appropriate actions.
- Ability to provide direction and support in a high stress environment at times.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- External or internal management development.
- Computer skills (Word, E-Mail, Excel, Windows).
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.