Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Cyber Security Operations Centre Specialist will be working in a fast paced and innovative environment for one of North America’s top airlines. The role is responsible for leading the technical direction of Air Canada’s cyber monitoring, detection, and response systems. Air Canada’s cyber security systems are foundational to protecting the data and systems that allow its customers to fly safely. Cyber security threats continue to evolve, and the Cyber Security Operations Centre Specialist role will evolve with it. As a specialist you will be expected to lead the technical direction of cyber security technologies, deploy and configure new cyber security technologies, develop standard operating procedures that will be used by members of the Cyber Security Operations Centre team, inspire and train a team of 7x24 Cyber Security Analysts on preventing/detecting/responding to security threats, and establish relationships with Air Canada service owners to protect their data and systems.
- Develop and maintain a Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) system for a 7x24 team of cyber security analysts
- Develop and maintain detection and response technologies that continuously evolve with the changing cyber threat landscape
- Act as an escalation point for tier 1 and 2 cyber security analysts responding to cyber security incidents
- Be a senior technical resource and subject matter expert on matters related to cyber security
- Be part of the cyber security technical leadership team to provide to advise on cyber security strategy
- Work closely with the IT Operations Centre advising on synergies with technologies and processes
- Develop operational metrics and key performance indicators
- After hours on-call support for escalations
- Ability to travel and work effectively with remote teams
- Working from home office if not located at core locations
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer sciences or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience (5 years +): Incident/Major Incident, ITIL process concepts and execution (Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management), cyber security incident response, Enterprise SIEM technologies (ie. Arcsight, Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an enterprise IT environment
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional and assertive demeanor under challenging situations and possesses confidence to act on critical decisions.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate effectively and to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization with superior verbal and written skills
- Superior customer service and client interfacing skills
- Security certifications (CISSP, OSCP)
- Ability to write quality code
- Linux certifications or experience
- A passion for technology and hacking
- Experience in the aviation industry
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.