Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position will develop and deliver the lean thinking training modules and conduct Train the Trainer workshops as requested by the business and Operations Excellence. Face to Face Lean Thinking learning for Value Stream, Initiative Teams, Advisories, Working Groups and Bridge Candidates. Develops and delivers classroom training modules. Develops templates in support of the training modules for use by the organization, and interactive learning experiences. Expert in Lean incorporates Air Canada business examples for an effective and inspirational learning experience.
- Identify lean training needs within the business and design modules, as requested by the Manager Excellence Strategy, Delivery and Effectiveness aimed at addressing these needs.
- Deliver training to both new and existing employees with the purpose of ensuring excellent performance aligned to Business Value streams and Flight Path (Corporate Ambition).
- Deliver highly interactive, engaging and meaningful sessions while maintaining a high level of energy throughout the delivery.
- Deliver informal and formal learning solutions using participant-centered learning that engages the learner and produces desired behavioral changes; manage and respond to learner needs.
- Manage daily logistics of running training programs including classroom/lab set up and breakdown, coordination of training facilities and materials, communication with trainees, and post-workshop collection of evaluation/feedback.
- In-conjunction with the Manager Excellence Strategy, Delivery and Effectiveness continually evaluate the training program, procedures, and methods to monitor and analyze course effectiveness and update curriculum as needed.
- Challenge learners to apply and cascade new skills post-learning.
- Create exercises, instructional activities and training assessments that reinforce learning.
- Maintain training records on the training delivered.
- Coach learners in learning and application of lean concepts and tools.
- Bring innovation, energy and passion around learning and development.
- Strong instructor/classroom presence with exceptional communication skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of curriculum development and adult learning theory.
- Expertise with traditional classroom, experiential, and new digital forms of training; ability to adapt curriculum/programs to alternative delivery channels such as eLearning, on demand learning, self-study toolkits, and internal corporate learning platforms.
- Ability to engage participants and incorporate relevant examples into learning experiences.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of professional facilitation.
- Formal Lean certification.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation development skills.
- Able to manage deliverables to agreed timelines.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Keeps informed of lean best practices and industry trends.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.