Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
As we become a global champion, we are looking for dynamic individuals who excel at and are passionate about exceptional customer service and have the leadership drive to inspire that passion and excellence in others as part of a highly strategic team.
Reporting to the Manager, Service Director Excellence. The Onboard Service Manager is responsible for the assurance of on-board performance and on-board product delivery standards in keeping with collective agreement requirements. The primary objective of this position is to coach and conduct onboard assessment, while managing the development and performance of the Cabin Crew in relation to established competencies and standard operating procedures all the while supporting our goal of being a global champion and excelling at customer service.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for promoting and achieving consistency of service on high yield flights creating a positive impact on the customer experience and developing and strengthening leadership capabilities of the Cabin Crew.
SAFETY AND REGULATORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with the product management team, areas that require focus and briefing to ensure on-board compliance for service specifications.
- Takes an active role in developing audits and strategy review and development.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of the onboard Premium Product through a variety of means to ensure successful cabin crew delivery.
- Monitor and establish grooming initiatives to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
- Follow up on progress of issues/suggestions from the crew.
- Serve as subject matter expert on specific routes and as the primary interface/liaison between employees and company.
- Effectively communicate the rationale of company policies, procedures and products on board and during layovers and act as a direct conduit to HQ to resolve issues.
- Where appropriate, and in conjunction with the Service Director, interact as the public relations person with a focus on high yield customers and take action on controllable issues on the spot.
- Work with Concierge team on standards for hand-over of high yield customers.
- Provide findings and possible recommendations to the Director, Service Director Excellence & Onboard Experience and Route Performance on products / service.
- Take an active role in the recognition of Service Director leadership and exceptional on-board service delivery performance.
- Ensure that all Company standards and procedures are adhered to and act as a resource person for cabin crew.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective cabin crew coaching practices focusing on Service Directors.
- Responsible for coordinating with IFS performance team on the recognition, commendation, coaching, and overall performance management of employees to achieve the objective of on board service excellence.
- Conduct grooming and other checks.
- Ensure that onboard sales procedures are adhered to (AC café & Duty Free).
- Review & investigate customer feedback with crew and ensure follow-up as required.
- Monitor crew performance.
- Ensure compliance and briefings specific to the onboard product and quality assurance.
- Respond to cabin crew inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Provide management support as required in the daily operation and keep abreast of current issues affecting cabin crew.
- Support all corporate recognition programs.
- Maintain safety as first topic day to day (production and administration).
- Assume any responsibilities delegated by the direct report Manager.
- Keep abreast of corporate initiatives and communications.
- Establish and maintain business processes and procedures for the position.
- Ensure provisions of the Official Languages Act are applied to the daily work environment as required.
- Fluency in English & French as a quantifiable asset or route language
- Experience in leading, motivating and coaching
- Successfully complete the Flight Attendant training program & maintain qualifications
- Successfully complete the Service Director training program
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Intercultural competence and consciousness
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create and achieve a vision
- Strong customer focus
- Analytical, innovative and creative skills
- Strong product knowledge (safety, service standards and labor relations)
- Competitive awareness
- Detail oriented
- Impartial and engaged
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and achieve multiple objectives
- Highly adaptable and flexible to support a 24/7 operation
- Airline related experience
- Demonstrated impeccable grooming
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Job Orientation
- CARs (Canadian Aviation Regulations)
- SMS (Safety Management System)
- Health & Safety – Basic
- Flight Attendant Initial and Recurrent Training OR Flight Attendant Initial Training
- Accident and Incident Investigation
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.