Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Lead and manage AC family revenue budget, revenue outlook, and revenue target process; Lead inter-department efforts to set up high level revenue budget/targets for individual MRG, and various sales channels, design and develop sales planning sheet and sales outlook module to monitor AC family passenger revenue performance
- Design, develop, maintain and update revenue and traffic outlook model and related outlook databases
- Lead inter-department efforts to set up high level revenue budget/targets for individual major route groups (MRG), and various sales channels
- Design and develop sales planning sheet and sales outlook module to monitor AC family passenger revenue performance
- Provide expert advice on model calibrating, further improvement and error analysis to ensure the accuracy of outlook process
- Assist revenue planning director to develop AC family annual revenue budget, monthly traffic and revenue targets and weekly traffic and revenue targets
- Perform economic evaluations on the impact of various external factors (ie. War, SARS) and commercial initiatives (such as fuel surcharge increases, Aeroplan redemption scenarios, major capacity adjustment) on future passenger traffic and revenue
- Monitor major competitor’s traffic and revenue performance, maintain Canada industry market size and trends, analyze competitive performance and develop vital competitive indicators such as stage length adjusted yield and unit revenue to support major commercial initiatives
- Design and develop other innovative reports to support revenue budget, revenue outlook and revenue target process and improve the forecast accuracy
- Conduct research on market intelligence, current economic conditions and incorporate world economy outlooks into the revenue budget and revenue outlook reports.
- Conduct various strategic studies for senior management, including financial performance evaluation, major initiative assessment and competitive studies
- Lead the revenue budget allocation and system loading process
- Provide ad hoc data and analytical support for senior management, commercial and planning executives
- Solid background in mathematics/economics/finance and or business administration
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert computer skills (especially for Excel, MS-Access, SQL).
- Ability to lead and manage a process or project involving multiple departments in a collaborative team environment
- Highly motivated and energetic individual with ambition to learn and progress
- Good organizational skills
- Strong capability in designing/developing sophisticated computer models and developing large scale databases
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver projects and unstructured studies with little supervision
- Ability to understand airline planning and airline revenue generation
- Has a strong sense of market trends, competition and the commercial environment
- Solid customer service orientation essential
- Master’s degree in a business and/or scientific discipline
- Experiences in computer modeling
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.