Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Assure systematic security monitoring services are in place ensuring Air Canada is vigilant and able to detect any malicious activity, breaches and attacks on Air Canada’s environment.
- Define the cyber security monitoring strategy taking into consideration the threats that Air Canada is confronting, and the business impacts involved to contribute to mitigate the risks.
- Accountable for the development of security monitoring use cases in the SIEM infrastructure including the playbooks to be used by SOC analysts.
- Ensure that the development of SIEM’s use cases performed by a Third party brings the expected business value: based on a risk-oriented approach and with minor false positives.
- Interface with Governance Risk and Compliance and Threat intelligence teams to determine the requirements in terms of cyber security monitoring.
- Provide analysis within the security monitoring processes and propose security measures and risk mitigation activities to prevent serious incidents from occurring.
- Lead the necessary activities involving people, process and technology for improving cyber security event and monitoring.
- Assure the production of reporting tailored to Air Canada business objectives, allowing other groups to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Responsible for defining KPI and metrics to measure the security monitoring services.
- Identify gaps and implement actions for continuous improvement.
- Interact with business units and organizational elements to develop, support, integrate and refine security monitoring services (ultimately, providing feedback to reduce false positives).
- Possess at least 5 years of experience in IT security with significant experience in managing enterprise IT security, security operations and risk management.
- At least 3 years of experience managing SIEM and cyber security monitoring.
- Hold a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in IT (specialization in IT security is an asset)
- Hold a certification CISSP, GMON, GCIA
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Deep knowledge of security monitoring and security event management systems.
- Ability to map real-threats current and future to business values and core operations
- Ability to construct useful alerts based on security monitoring information and understanding of technologies in play.
- In-depth knowledge of technology, networking, applications (to a certain degree), data and statistics and adversary techniques.
- In-depth understanding of monitoring and incident response processes and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Particularly those explaining threat vectors and deriving analogies to explain complex abstract concepts to various audiences
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes and functional business knowledge.
- Excellent communication capabilities to provide rapid and concise summaries of complex scenarios.
- Experience in managing service providers.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.