Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, ranked among the top five most attractive companies to work for in Canada, is seeking a Manager of Strategic Procurement – Corporate, who will be based at our Montreal Headquarters.
Strategic Procurement (SP) is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Centre of Excellence (COE) to support SP. The successful candidate will play a key role as a category manager for Corporate initiatives. Given the breadth and varied nature of the activities within this portfolio, this opportunity will provide interaction with key stakeholders in many parts of the organization. This position will report to the Senior Strategic Procurement Manager.
This role requires someone who will be a key contributor to important sourcing projects for Air Canada. The successful candidate will apply a passion for leadership and collaboration in order to obtain the best value for the airline and to develop mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
The Manager, Strategic Procurement – Corporate will lead sourcing projects related to Air Canada’s key commercial and operational priorities. The Corporate Category includes procurement related to facilities and facilities management, professional services, printing and publishing, hotels (crew, customer corporate), employee uniforms, luggage, office equipment, furniture and supplies, and security. This individual will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver high quality services with a strong focus on value.
In this role, responsibilities will include conducting supply market research, establishing sourcing strategies, leading competitive bid processes and contract negotiations, and contributing to the overall improvement of procurement practices at Air Canada.
- Establish Corporate category procurement strategies
- Develop and maintain an understanding of emerging industry and supply market trends to strengthen Air Canada’s negotiating positions
- Stay abreast of Air Canada Corporate strategic initiatives and priorities through close collaboration with the departments
- Analyse and monitor category spend and expiring contracts to uncover potential sourcing and consolidation opportunities
- Engage the COE team to conduct research and analysis
- Lead and manage procurement events
- Conduct supply market research and baseline spend analysis
- Work with cross functional teams to determine business requirements and establish sourcing strategies that deliver financial and non-financial benefits (e.g. service levels, risk mitigation)
- Prepare and issue RFPs, evaluate responses and conduct negotiations
- Lead contract negotiations and oversee contract drafting and execution
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to obtain concurrence on contract terms
- Ensure that Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) is in place following the sourcing process
- Contribute to the improvement of internal procurement practices
- Participate in the establishment of best-in-class procurement methods
- Formulate models to evaluate supplier proposals using quantitative and qualitative criteria
- Act as an ambassador for Strategic Procurement and Air Canada
- Further develop SP’s relationships with internal customers over the course of procurement events
- Effectively communicate and promote the successes of SP
- Actively engage in learning Air Canada’s business processes
- Continually seek areas for improvement
- University degree in in a relevant field of study (commerce, supply chain, engineering, information technology)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical, negotiation, and project management skills
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to innovate, intellectual curiosity and creative thinking
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and accommodate changing priorities
- High degree of professionalism and discretion is essential
- Completion of (or working towards) a SCMP designation, ISM or other procurement designation is an asset
- Flexibility with work hours is required. Occasional travel may be required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.