Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, PSS Implementation, Airports, the PSS Implementation Manager is responsible for contributing to review functional specifications, analyze the impact of system changes, to document business requirements, change requests, analyze proposed solutions and support testing teams, and all organizational readiness teams for the delivery of the PSS Program at Airports worldwide and in operational areas.
- Review, analyze and sign off functional and technical specifications.
- Analyze the impact of system changes to identify gaps, workarounds or required enhancements
- Document business requirements, change requests and validate feasibility of solutions proposed
- Develop business cases which include cost benefit analysis and identify the benefits for our business/ customers
- Participate in process mapping sessions and identify use cases for testing purposes
- Analyze existing processes and support the design of new processes that touch the new PPS solution for Airports and Operations
- Assist in identifying system changes, permanent and temporary process changes required to support the different Phases of implementation of the PSS program.
- Engage key stakeholders to validate requirements, impact to other systems and ensure solutions are acceptable to all areas of the business for all phases of the implementation of the project
- Identify roadblocks and risks that could prevent successful implementation and develop mitigation plans.
- Propose strategies and tactics to enable successful execution of To-Be processes at Airports
- Liaise with other branches to identify key requirements for business rule set up and system configurations
- Ensure appropriate escalation and problem management practices are followed for project and day to day deliverables
- Write test scenarios/data, expected outcomes, select Brush Test cases and review results
- Apply people engagement, analytical, problem solving and leadership skills to improve cross functional processes and drive process change.
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with branch heads and stakeholders.
- Assist in cross functional team reviews of specifications, requirements, gap development and processes.
- Provide guidance, support and subject matter expertise to cross functional teams as they relate to Airport and Operational processes and systems/applications
- Work closely with the business process, change management and training teams to build readiness and ensure adoption to changes at Airports and in Operations
- Participate in functional assessments to evaluate migration and implementation strategies for current DCS systems
- Assist and provide subject matter expertise in all migration activities, rehearsals, production validation processes, implementation and cut over activities.
- Undergraduate degree, post graduate degree or equivalent.
- Sound technical knowledge and expertise with RES III, QIK CHEK, SmartSuite and Self Serve Check-In applications
- Functional experience in Operations (Airports/SOC).
- Strong knowledge of current policies, procedures and processes
- Proficient use of office automation including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Sound Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in process analysis and design
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, adjust priorities and work under pressure
- Ability to plan, organize and implement activities with little or no direct supervision
- Training and facilitation experience an asset
- Experience in user interface application design, development
- Experience managing effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience helping identify, scope, plan and execute complex, cross functional change engagements.
- Ability to identify project risks and help develop strategies to address risks.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Prior experience on cross functional project teams.
- Ability to travel (25-50%) and adjust work hours based on project deadlines or milestones
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.