Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
These are exciting times for IT at Air Canada, with many major projects underway that will transform the IT landscape of the company. This is a unique opportunity to work with state of the art technologies, to build and lead a strong technical team and to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic senior leader to define the vision and transform the information technology platforms used across our Call Centres and Customer Care (Customer Relations and Baggage Claims / Tracing) branches to best service our customers. The mandate is to maintain safe, reliable and secure operations while driving technology changes to address the needs of the future.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Commercial IT. The individual will interact with colleagues and senior leaders within IT, with executives and staff of other departments, with IT business partners, and with external service partners.
- Work with senior business colleagues to define the technical vision and lead the evolution of the technologies required for our Call Centres and Customer Care employees and customers.
- Build a strong and highly productive team comprised of staff and vendor partners to drive high performance and efficiencies.
- Work with branch heads to determine business needs and define the 3-5 year roadmap to meet the current and future requirements.
- Provide IT leadership and exercise strict vendor management to drive SLA performance and system stability.
- Work with business leads to define how we use advance technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence, to better interact with our Customers to best service their needs.
- Work jointly with the senior leaders of Transformational Programs, such as our new Passenger Service System (PSS) team, to deliver major platforms that will transform how we operate and service our customers.
- Collaborate with Strategic Procurement to lead RFI and RFP processes and exercise vendor management skills to deliver projects and maintain productive relationships.
- Define project priorities by reviewing and validating business cases to ensure that efforts are expended on items that bring the most value and meet ROI requirements.
- Participate and/or lead industry forums and committees, such as IATA or STAR, to ensure alignment of Air Canada’s strategy with our industry and our partners.
- Collaborate with senior management across all corporate branches to ensure that all relevant stakeholders are engaged and aligned throughout the project lifecycle.
- Lead a team of approximately 10-15 Managers, Business Analysts and Project Managers to deliver and support the required systems.
- A relevant University degree (and/or relevant experience).
- 10+ years experience in a related technology leadership role
- Detailed knowledge of Call Centre and/or Customer Care operations and technology
- A self starter with critical thinking, analytical approach, business acumen and decision making
- A sense of urgency, customer advocacy and drive for results
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A team player and proven leader with excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
- Relevant technical knowledge and experience with both data and voice systems
- Leadership of a large team of technology experts and vendor partners.
- Familiarity with the airline industry is an asset
- Able and available to travel, as required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.