Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, ranked among the top five most attractive companies to work for in Canada is seeking a Manager, Strategic Procurement – Implementation & Efficiency who will be based at our Montreal Headquarters.
The Strategic Procurement (SP) organization is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Centre of Excellence (COE) group. The successful candidate will report to the Director, Strategic Procurement – Centre of Excellence. Given the cross-functional nature of procurement at Air Canada, the COE is responsible for the delivery of support services to Category Management teams such as Market Intelligence, Data Analytics, Contract Management, Process Improvement, Tools, eSourcing technology, Contract Lifecycle Management, and Procurement Master Data.
The Manager, Strategic Procurement – Implementation & Efficiency, will be responsible for the development and deployment of highly effective Procurement strategies and in charge of planning, developing, executing, assessing and reporting strategies to advance Air Canada’s procurement maturity level. These strategies will be related to such topics as Change Management, Continuous Improvement, Supplier Relationship Management and Contract Lifecycle Management.
The successful candidate will act as one of the key ambassadors of, and change agents for, Strategic Procurement.
- Delivery of various strategic initiatives and projects, working with stakeholders, project resources, technical, subject matter and other experts. Example of such projects are:
- Identification and implementation of cost savings and cost avoidance initiatives in support of overall margin improvement activities
- Set-up of policies and procedures related to procurement activities and compliance monitoring
- Procurement systems
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Any continuous Improvement opportunities as deemed relevant for the Strategic Procurement domain
- Lead onboarding activities for internal and external stakeholders
- Define and develop project plans that shape the overall approach, implementation and sustainment of change management activities including the management of these activities for internal and external stakeholders
- Build and sustain long-term relationships with key stakeholders at all levels through effective leadership skills, a solid understanding of procurement processes and a commitment to learn their business, objectives and needs
- Build buy-in of proposed organization, people or technology changes
- Design and execute onboarding plan
- Vis-à-vis internal stakeholders :
- Lead meetings and workshops to support onboarding efforts
- Create and issue communication material
- Design and administer training and train-the-trainer
- Coordinate ambassador network
- Vis-à-vis external stakeholders :
- Lead supplier analysis efforts including establishing wave plans and ramp-up plans
- Responsible for supplier communication planning and execution
- Lead supplier enablement efforts
- Prepare materials to ensure external stakeholders understand the scope, approach, processes and specific requirements
- Accountable for the development and governance of procurement policies, structure, procedures, processes, templates and tools of new strategic initiatives and projects:
- Ensure that new processes are documented and that changes are communicated to those affected
- Review and update policies and procedures periodically as a consequence of new projects
- May entail people management to grow and maintain benefits of approved projects.
- Responsible for KPIs design and reporting to ensure the effectiveness of the Strategic Procurement activities and support stakeholders in their continuous improvement journey.
- Perform any other Procurement related duties as assigned.
A strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to learn are essential in this role. The successful candidate must possess strong project management, communication and presentation skills. Collaboration, diplomacy and tact are also central as the role entails engaging, representing and motivating a variety of stakeholders with divergent perspectives, objectives and interests.
The individual must have excellent organization skills and the flexibility to adapt to a continuously evolving environment. Finally, the successful candidate will enjoy working in an environment where everyday challenges will include finding common grounds between multiple stakeholder groups and finding creative ways to gain alignment such that all parties can succeed.
In addition to a University degree in a relevant field of study (business, communication, information systems and supply chain) the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent analytical skills plus the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and accommodate changing priorities. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
Experience in Procurement operations, Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management would be an asset as well as in Ariba solution implementation.
Due to the confidential nature of our work, a high degree of professionalism and discretion is required.
Flexibility with work hours and occasional travel may also be necessary.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.