Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for Lead Station Attendants to join our Cargo team in Toronto in continuing our goal to develop Air Canada Cargo into an International Powerhouse.
As a Lead Station Attendant you are a working member of the team and will provide guidance, coaching and assistance to Station Attendants, so that company standards are met and consistently applied at all times to ensure safety & optimal customer service, as well as on-time performance.
This is a permanent full-time position with a current starting salary of $26.87/hr plus shift premiums where applicable, as well as a wide range of benefits, including medical, travel privileges, and a profit sharing plan.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead a crew of two or more station attendants and provide work direction as required.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed by all members of the crew.
- Oversee the safe and efficient handling of Cargo between the time of arrival and the time that the aircraft is dispatched.
- Drive and operate Cargo vehicles and equipment.
- Handle all cargo and mail safely and efficiently.
- Direct a team of employees in a warehouse environment.
- Sign and file load instruction sheets at the completion of each assigned flight.
- Ensure build-up of dangerous goods is done correctly in accordance of IATA standards.
- Preparation of records and cargo handling forms, such as cargo check sheets, mail transfer bills and lot labels.
- Act as the coordinator and spokesperson for his / her crew concerning operational requirements, issues and crew readiness.
- Coordinate crew activities with the Customer Service Manager as required.
- Provide practical “on the job training” to assist fellow Station Attendants.
- Advise when problems arise that require assistance to Customer Service Manager and / or Hub Operations Control Centre so that it can be obtained in a timely manner.
- Communicate final load to Load Agent prior to dispatching the flight.
- Ensure compliance with established corporate uniform and safety equipment standards.
- Perform various Cargo Warehouse functions, tasks and associated duties
- Minimum 5 years Warehouse/Airport experience.
- Lead Station Attendant or supervisory experience on an airport ramp a definite asset.
- Leadership role in a warehouse facility is definite asset.
- Must have strong leadership qualities & communication skills to delegate & carry out time critical decisions.
- Available for shift work - early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Work schedules are subject to change based on operational demands.
- Able to lift heavy objects weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms) and willingness to work under various climatic conditions.
- Ability to work around a busy warehouse and/or ramp environment with large mechanized equipment, in / on multi-million dollar warehouse / aircraft.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring Safety First at all times.
- Hold a current airport Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) and an Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP).
Conditions of Employment
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Possess a valid driver’s license (G or G2).
- Be available to attend 4 weeks of full time mandatory training.
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.