Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join a team of developers responsible to recommend and implement solutions to business challenges through development of modern and user-friendly web applications. Reporting to HR Technology Solutions and working with Airport Operations as well as Labor Relations, the developer will be responsible for reviewing existing applications and implement a centralized tool to track employee resources.
- Review current employee tracking applications; (IAM Grievance, Unifor Vacation Purchase Program, Unifor Vacation Calculator, Union Time Off, etc.)
- Work with Labor Relations to identify opportunities for improvement through development of web applications to track employee resources. Facilitate working sessions to formalize business requirements.
- Responsible for design, coding, testing, and implementation of web solutions
- Maintain and enhance web solutions after implementation.
- Apply knowledge of trends and developments in web technology.
- Document technical and functional design, and prioritize change requests.
- Respond actively to client feedback, comments, and suggestions.
- Employ best practices and established standards to ensure application is easy to use.
- Monitor system defects, flag those with a medium to high business impact and coordinate work-around solutions as appropriate with the business.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the internal service delivery team to track and prioritize work effort.
- Maintain security of internal access to HR data in accordance with Air Canada’s policies.
- Diploma or certificate in web programming.
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming, relational database concepts, and coding standards.
- Keen interest in the airline industry.
- Very strong business and logical analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate client needs and present solutions.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent an asset.
- Basic understanding of core and corporate HR processes.
- Experience in gathering technical and functional design requirements.
- Knowledge of application usability standards and modern UI design techniques.
- Knowledge of HTML 5 an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional IDE an asset.
- Experience with advanced Microsoft Excel formulas, macros, and VBA an asset.
- Experience with developing for mobile technologies (e.g. BlackBerry, iOS) an asset.
This is a twelve (12) month contract (may be extended). No benefits offered for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.