Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The purpose of this position is to develop, implement and maintain business relationships with United States freight forwarders and provide commercial support to the Regional Sales Managers, Local Sales Managers and GSAs. The individual will undertake the challenging opportunity to increase Air Canada’s market share and revenue. Furthermore, this position will also provide support to the General Manager-Cargo Sales and Services USA. Inside Sales Manager are required to work weekends and holidays.
Implement national, regional and local strategies to customers and support General Manager-Cargo Sales and Services USA to achieve cargo sales targets.
Provide strategic product support to General Manager-USA Sales and Services
Act as primary interface between Air Canada and USA freight forwarders.
Assume ownership for developing a business relationship between Air Canada and Air Canada customer base.
Provide commercial support, analytical support & knowledge of the customer base to the Regional Sales Managers, Local Sales Managers and GSAs.
Support the Regional Sales Managers, Local Sales Managers and GSAs in the day to day management of tactical questions relating to pricing and capacity.
Act as a key liaison between the Regional Sales Managers, Local Sales Managers and GSAs, regional sales, capacity & marketing.
Conduct regular customer account performance reviews
Work with Sales Development & Capacity Mgt team to identify revenue opportunities with accounts and jointly develop a strategy plan to mutually increase profitability.
Achieve revenue and market share improvement targets.
Participate in the ongoing development of a strong and highly focused sales team.
Liaise with internal departments to ensure alignment of department, division and corporate objectives
Assist with all sales and marketing plans relating to regional development
Spot Rate, Exception Contract, Local Pricing, RFQ and Allocation Management
Manage RFS, ensuring there are no light or empty trucks
Action accounting discrepancies
AC Horizons and contributing Cargo Publications Author
AC Cool Chain shipment coordinator
- Strong understanding of the cargo business with commercial sales experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making abilities.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Results oriented.
- Exceptional planning and organization skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Very analytical skills in dealing with data and general industry information.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours, holiday/weekend coverage and travel expectations
- Proficiency with PC Window applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Undergraduate business degree a definite asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.