Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada Corporate IT is changing the way technology is being managed and delivered to our customers and users. With a service-orientation towards the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day life, we enable the enterprise to operate faster, be more scalable and innovate further.
As a Business Services Management (BSM) Administrator, you will be our solutions expert on everything ServiceNow related. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the ServiceNow operations and future implementations. The BSM Administrator will work with the lines of business to understand needs, identify, develop, test and support the implementation of platform enhancements to improve processes and help drive better business results.
- Act as the subject matter expert for ServiceNow within the business, including troubleshooting of issues and responding to requests from users and second tier requests.
- Work closely with subject matter experts from the various lines of business to understand business needs, identify best practices and determine how to leverage ServiceNow to enhance existing processes and drive desired result.
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization on ServiceNow, as well as arrange for demonstrations of the solutions both onsite and via webex
- Prepare, maintain and update standards, procedures, cheat sheets and other support documentation for processes implemented through ServiceNow, and / or liaise with Training Team to develop same.
- Support business intelligence through management of dashboards, ad hoc and standard reports, including creation, maintenance and ongoing review for applicability.
- Track and manage ServiceNow enhancement request list via cases, and participate in prioritization of items with line of business owners and ServiceNow key stakeholders. Support ServiceNow enhancement releases (three times per year) and other new initiatives, working with IT and / or consultants and business to ensure successful implementation of new features.
- Take part in daily administration tasks of the platform if needed
- Participate in high level designs sessions
- Test and review any third-party vendors and applications that integrate with ServiceNow.
- Maintain the integrity of the data (both financial and non-financial) in all ServiceNow environments. Validate nightly data loads to ensure accuracy.
- Staying current on product developments/releases and other product differentiators on the market
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a relevant field of study (information technology, engineering, business)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with the ServiceNow suite of solutions up to the latest versions
- Strong experience coupled with knowledge of IT Service Management, IT Operations Management, Project & Portfolio Management, Security Operations or Customer Service Management experience would be advantageous (Tool or business process).
- Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Background in ITIL, Service Management, Configuration Management, Asset Management, IT Management.
- Solution oriented, demonstrated judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong team player with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible, creative and responsive to needs of users
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.