Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Fuel Procurement Pricing: Responsible for all fuel pricing related matters including systems updates and contract information, pricing validation and other administrative tasks.
- Work directly with the Fuel Managers in establishing binding agreements with worldwide Fuel suppliers.
- Create contract files, negotiate changes, coordinate full and final execution of all contract documents, maintain Master Contract Filing system, follow-up and resolution of all renewal notifications, amendments, Code of Conduct and insurance certificates to the database.
- Act as the interface between legal department and all applicable internal departments on contract execution and delivery.
- Create and maintain, on a weekly, bi-monthly and monthly basis, pricing matrices on the Fuel Management system (FMS). Provide pricing, to internal/external stakeholders such as Jazz, AC Jetz, ACM, YWG finance, and Cargo operations.
- Manage all fuel pricing related matters including updates to PAICE pricing and contract information, pricing validation.
- Maintain pricing models and spreadsheets including Jet Fuel sales pricing.
- Prepare and send fuel nominations to fuel suppliers.
- Work closely with internal and external stake holders to rectify any system price discrepancies, product updates or missing specifications that are identified within audit processes.
- Assist the teams with ad hoc reporting requests invoice payments & processing as required.
- Initiate and/or aid in delivery of special reports for vendor management or purposes as required by Manager or Director.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- English (spoken and written), French will be an asset
- University degree. Ideally in IT, Engineering, Finance, but not exclusive.
- Knowledge or experience in airline industry or catering industry is also an asset
- Excellent technical and analytical experience/background is essential
- Strong knowledge of Excel (including use of Pivot and Look-up tables)
- Understanding of accounting principles, fuel and catering financial processes and invoice processing requirements
- Tax knowledge an asset
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to effectively build relations with internal/external customers and with direct team
- Results driven, self-starter open minded to constant learning
- Methodical decision maker with strong problem resolution and communication skills
- Work effectively in a fast paced, self-directed and team-based environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workload, with dependable follow-up skills.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.