Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager, Flight Dispatch Operations, this role will be responsible for the overall management and creation of the employee work schedules for both Flight Dispatch and Weight and Balance, as well as managing vacation, shift, and training bids within each unit. In addition, this role will be accountable to manage the absenteeism program for the Flight Dispatch and Weight and Balance front line employees.
- Based on the medium to long term requirements of the airline, develop and manage the monthly employee schedules for the Flight Dispatchers and Weight and Balance agents in accordance with the current applicable collective agreements.
- Ensure consistent and thorough application of the collective agreement re: scheduling and absenteeism.
- Analyze schedule requirements to maximize manpower and minimize overtime requirements.
- Manage, plan and conduct both groups’ annual vacation bid, annual recurrent training and shift bids in accordance with the respective collective agreements.
- Manage the absenteeism program, including reviewing employee attendance records, identifying pattern absenteeism and take opportunities to coach.
- Work with Manager, Flight Dispatch Operations to identify employees who may have pattern absenteeism towards escalation and resolution.
- Manages, monitors and co-ordinates various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of attendance.
- Ensure employees understand the policies and procedures related to absenteeism and use a forward-thinking approach for continuous improvement.
- Commitment to learning, staying current, understanding and delivery of HR Policies, Collective Agreements and legislations pertaining to absenteeism and accommodation.
- Manage the scheduling of competency checks, annual recurrent training and other regulatory requirements for both employee groups.
- Validate and review bi-weekly pay summaries to ensure accuracy; manage the submission of these entries to HR.
- Manage the Flight Dispatcher Cockpit Familiarization Flight program in conjunction with Crew Scheduling.
- Provide timely resolution to employee’s inquiries, including concerns and/or issues and make sure to provide accurate information and find sensible solutions. Act as point of escalation for HR related issues.
- Maintains appropriate and thorough documentation of all files. Ensuring accurate reporting, coding and audits are being completed.
- University entrance minimum, university or college diploma preferred. 2+ years of experience in relevant areas of airline operations
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English at an advanced level.
- Experience working with people at various levels within a complex organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Understanding of the airline and responsibilities of groups managed
- Proven leadership and managerial courage
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, electronic mail efficiently.
- Knowledge of collective agreements and managing a unionized workforce
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.