Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager of Revenue and Traffic Management, the successful candidate will develop and execute strategies within the revenue, capacity and traffic management cycle. While actively participating in demand management, the manager will closely coordinate capacity planning with the operational and planning leads in the field while driving demand optimization strategies on assigned markets and periodically measuring and evaluating process effectiveness.
This position may be located in Montreal or Toronto.
- Work directly with the Cargo Customer Call center and Cargo Sales team to process individual booking requests on high demand routes to ensure flights depart with total cargo capacity utilized.
- Propose and execute medium term inventory allocation strategies and recalibrate based upon prevailing demand conditions.
- Review assigned flights for operational risks and determine recovery strategies.
- Identify short term strategies to maximise network revenue within the parameters of corporate and network management policies.
- Monitor overbooking levels and adjust as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge/understanding of the demand curve, the effects of current market and competitive forces, flight management, and network flow.
- Review management information reports (KPI’s) to support decision making.
- Tactical recalibration of short-term cargo demand based on: historical data, changes in capacity, current yield strategies.
- Develop and maintain expertise on revenue management tools and techniques, as well as marketing information systems.
- Actively participate in the weekly Tactical meeting.
- University or college diploma in business administration, mathematics or economics
- Understanding of yield management principles including supply & demand in the airline industry.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Solid business/commercial orientation and experience, as well as an understanding of the airline cargo industry competitive environment (would be an asset).
- Ability to work under general direction.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills
- Able to communicate effectively with internal customers
- Proficient computer skills, (Microsoft Office, essential)
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.