Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Specialist, Infrastructure and Cloud is responsible for Cloud technical architecture and solutions design to meet functional and non-functional requirements for Air Canada. He also provides technical direction for the implementation of cloud resources to cloud analysts team. The Cloud Specialist is a strong and collaborative individual who liaise with a broad range of groups, both within Air Canada and with external IT and business partners for cloud related initiatives and architecture design. The Cloud Specialist has a deep understanding of Cloud infrastructure architecture design, provisioning and optimization with a successful track record of performance, best practices in fast changing, high pressure, and challenging roles.
This position will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Cloud.
- Architect and design scalable Cloud solutions (Azure & AWS) to meet functional and non-functional requirements business needs.
- Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared Cloud assets and enforce adherence to Cloud architectural standards/principles, guidelines.
- Develop and communicate strategies for the deployment of new cloud capabilities and services with impact assessment and change management process.
- Deployment, automation, maintenance, and management of mission-critical Cloud-based production systems to ensure availability, performance, and scalability.
- Support migration on premise assets to Cloud based IT solutions by applying expertise and knowledge to solution architecture that deliver an optimal client experience while minimizing risks and maximizing benefits.
- Support problem, defect, and incident management processes for seamless operations related to Cloud services.
- Analyzes Cloud systems performance to identify potential opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Assists in the development of cost optimization policies and guidelines for the Cloud resources.
- Document standard operating procedures with appropriate controls to ensure smooth delivery of Cloud resources.
- Participate in business planning, product roadmaps, and business strategy discussions.
- Support Air Canada internal team and technology partners for cloud migration or Cloud optimization/continuous improvement projects by creating solution options and estimates.
- Work in conjunction with others Technical Architect to ensure all new systems and alterations to existing systems are validated and approved.
- Work closely with the Security & Compliance team to ensure best in class security solutions.
- Create, evangelize, and publish metrics to measure Cloud services performance and availability.
- Proactively provide guidance on cloud engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices to Cloud analysts team.
- Implement controls/procedures to protect information related to customers & partners for Cloud solutions.
- Maintains close awareness of new and emerging cloud technologies and their potential application for service offerings and products to Air Canada.
- Lead POC efforts to research new tools/products related to Cloud solutions.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- 9+ years of IT technology.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies Azure and AWS.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions leveraging IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Expert knowledge of server infrastructure architecture in a multiple technology or IT discipline environment.
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as (PowerShell, Ansible, CloudFormation, Packer, Terraform, Azure automation).
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical manner.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions.
- Demonstrates openness and willingness to adapt to different and new ways of doing things.
- Takes responsibility for the results and actively participates in the future direction of the organization.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team, and to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Capable of solving complex problems by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.