Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Specialist, Cybersecurity will be working in a fast paced and innovative environment supporting the overall security posture of Air Canada’s technology environment. Air Canada’s cybersecurity systems are foundational to protecting the data and systems that allow its customers to fly safely.
The Specialist, Cybersecurity acts as a cybersecurity subject matter expert and provides guidance concerning the cybersecurity assurance program, cyber risks and compliance for Air Canada and its affiliates. He/she will evaluate Air Canada’s existing security systems to determine potential cybersecurity risks, provide inputs on security requirements for personal, commercial and financial data as well as the operation of Air Canada IT networks and infrastructure. Cyber security threats continue to evolve, and the Cybersecurity team will evolve with it.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, Cybersecurity.
- Collaborates with Strategic Procurement for the sourcing exercise and on-boarding of the third-parties for the execution of cyber assurance activities.
- Leads the execution of third-party cyber risk assessments (pre and post contacting, and ongoing monitoring) to ensure compliance with internal information security policies and procedures, as well as external requirements.
- Ensures that cybersecurity clauses are embedded in the agreements with third parties.
- Manage cybersecurity risks, vulnerabilities, and defects from identification to remediation.
- Performs risk assessments, documents them and support the implementation of mitigating controls consistent with company strategy.
- Generate reports to demonstrate cyber assurance metrics and KPI.
- Identify Cyber risks, communicate and develop “best practice” solutions, and recommend mitigating controls consistent with company strategy.
- Introduce new processes, initiatives to improve cyber assurance practice.
- Represent the organization and take an active participation on different IT business or security airline specific forums.
- Supporting the leadership team on strategic initiatives specific to the respective portfolio.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- 6-8 years of IT technology, operations, and people leadership experience in a large company, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a cybersecurity and/or risk & compliance role.
- Extensive application security, SDLC and integration understanding.
- Thorough understanding of Application Security Testing, Penetration Test, Tabletop Exercises.
- Current information security certification (CISSP, CISM or equivalent) is an asset.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cybersecurity concepts, protocols, industry best practices, strategies, frameworks and regulations such as SOX, PCI DSS, ISO, CoBIT, NIST, PIPEDA, GDPR.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and independent worker.
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated.
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.