Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Customer Experience – SFO is responsible for the day to day and management of employees, ground handlers and external suppliers, including operational decisions and the overall coordination of activities to safely deliver the customer experience while achieving operational and financial objectives. In addition, the incumbent will provide leadership to all employees in order for them to carry out their roles, responsibilities and meet performance metrics to ensure that Air Canada is the airline of choice.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures Safety, Security and Customer Service standards are observed, monitored, and practiced consistently.
- Acts as a role model for safety awareness in compliance with government and company safety standards, regulations, and compliance with standards of IOSA, SMS and other applicable authorities.
- Anticipates, identifies and resolves service and operational problems with a results-oriented approach to Safety, Security and Performance
- Plans, organizes, manages and enhances Airport Customer Experience functions including Passenger, Aircraft and Baggage Services.
- Manages effective deployment of staff to support Customer Experience and on-time performance.
- Provides leadership to ensure the implementation, maintenance and improvement of procedures and processes to achieve or exceed customer service level and performance standards.
- Monitors and authorizes airport expenses.
- Liaises with other functional work groups, contract carriers and Star Alliance partners to perform efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicates with staff on a regular basis to keep them informed and knowledgeable of new products, performance issues and branch objectives.
- Guides the staff, counsels and motivates his team through example and be accountable for their performance.
- Recognizes and acknowledges employees who consistently deliver excellent customer service.
- Documents and takes corrective action to address employee(s) poor performance according to accepted guidelines/procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a professional relationship with Union representatives.
- Works in close partnership with the Airport Authorities, TSA and USCBP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or the equivalent; Relevant professional experience will be considered.
- Experience with employee management.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills with an aptitude for precision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of airport ramp and sales operation.
- Sound decision making skills.
- Ability to establish work priorities and performance under deadline pressures.
- Good computer skills.
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Understanding of risk assessment.
- Extreme flexibility and availability to work long and irregular hours.
- Customs Seal required and is subject to approval by U.S. Customs and Border Protection and/or third-party equivalent.
- Security clearance and USCBP clearance required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.