Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada’s guiding brand principles – Flight Path – puts the customer at the centre of everything we do. A welcoming, thoughtfully designed, and loyalty-building customer experience supported by glowing-hearted hospitality is critical to executing on the company’s customer-centric vision.
Reporting to the Manager, Product Design – Inflight, the Product Design Manager – Inflight will be responsible for day-to-day tasks and will play a key role in supporting the development of the roadmap and long-term vision for Air Canada’s onboard product that aligns with the broader Product strategy and will directly impact the onboard customer experience with our growing portfolio of strategic initiatives.
Collaborative relationships with operational groups and internal and external business partners are key to the success of this job at all levels. The Product Design Manager – Inflight will also demonstrate a high level of innovative thinking and can propose creative and strategic recommendations to support new products and changes to existing products.
- Responsible for ongoing and day-to-day management of assigned onboard product projects and the implementation of assigned new onboard product initiatives.
- Support the implementation of new technology for meal ordering by working closely with the In-Flight Service team for onboard service delivery.
- Support new onboard product initiatives by assisting in organizing and participating in proof-of-concept test flights.
- Responsible for on-going competitive and industry benchmarking to measure Air Canada’s onboard product against its competition.
- Act as point of contact for members of Air Canada’s Chef and Sommelier program.
- Perform regular audits to ensure the onboard product is up to date on all customer-facing platforms (ex: onboard the aircraft, website, in-flight entertainment system, communications, etc.).
- Support any other Product Design projects as required.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as In-Flight Service, Catering, Brand, Product Marketing, Digital, Finance and IT.
- Manage performance, holding self and others accountable to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities, and focuses on excellent execution.
- Demonstrates initiative and a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results.
- Respond resourcefully and show nimbleness when faced with new challenges and demands.
- Effectively manage the pressures and complexities of various situations and move forward positively and productively under conditions of change or uncertainty.
- Minimum 3-5 years of airline experience (preferably in the commercial and onboard environment).
- University or college degree and asset.
- Good knowledge of Air Canada’s products and services.
- Strong understanding of onboard service delivery and environment.
- Highly attentive and detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills and work ethic.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and accommodate changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.