Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Human Resources Training and Development Manager, the Training Delivery Manager is responsible for the delivery/facilitation of HR training programs, including support for facilities, equipment, and execution of third party contracts – relevant to HR training programs/instructors/facilities.
- Ensures programs are delivered in accordance with Air Canada Corporate Standards
- Conducts and facilitates Instructor-led in-person and virtual classroom training
- Provide timely feedback to learners and additional coaching when required
- Supports or participates in internal or external audit activities, as required
- Maintains constant communication with Managers Employee Engagement to ensure that all training activities (design & delivery) meet the expectations and operational needs of the Branch or client group
- Ensures site/working copies (paper, electronic, online etc.) of all training programs are maintained and current, including related exams and handouts
- Participate in needs assessment and needs analysis
- Link training to business needs
- Deliver training programs using different training delivery methods
- Conduct measurement and evaluation of training
- Obtain and use appropriate resources
- Contribute to the design and development of training programs when required
Authority levels (ability or obligation to carry out responsibilities)
- Responsible for making day-to-day decisions on logistical situations for training delivery
- Responsible for making decisions on the application of specific performance and evaluation criteria based on training standards and lesson plans criteria
- Provides support and direction in the delivery of all corporate HR and related programs, including allocation/maintenance of training equipment and facilities
- Executes internal audits, as required
- Represents Training to outside educational bodies
- Ensures effective and timely communication within the team
- Liaises with Managers Employee Engagement on issues involving training design and delivery
- Supports the allocation of material, human and financial resources
- Project Management
- Analytical thinking, Interpersonal effectiveness, Self-confidence, Creative initiative
- Possess sound knowledge in adult learning principles
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Ability to work in teams
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and able to seek out help when needed
- Highly flexible and adaptable and still able to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Willing to travel and work flexible and extended hours
Additional skills considered an important asset
- Possess knowledge in training development
- Comfortable with technology
- University Degree in Education or other related discipline or the equivalent an asset
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.