Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
As the Manager, Training Planning & Cost you will be joining a passionate team of planning, data and number enthusiasts. Your primary accountabilities will take shape around the following main areas of expertise: training planning & logistics, budgeting, cost management, records management, and reporting.
This is a key role supporting the Customer Service Corporate Training organization under the People, Communication and Culture branch. Although our business is aviation our core function is training, and this role is responsible for leading training planning activities with resource planners and delivery teams in support of operational, safety and regulatory training needs, and for overseeing the operationalization of these plans into schedules with strong quality monitoring processes ensuring training compliance.
With an eye towards efficiency this role will also lead the creation of budgets and cost management in support of training plans accounting for all operating, capital, IT and equipment related expenditures. In addition, this function plays a key role in vendor management working closely with both internal and external vendors securing facilities, products and equipment as needed in support training requirements.
The role will also oversee all aspects of records management processes ensuring regulatory compliance requirements are fulfilled in relation to training event tracking including but not limited to attendance and completion capture.
If you are a dynamic and engaging individual who can work collaboratively across multiple stakeholders, have a passion for assembling training plans that deliver on operational requirements and are excited about training data, costs management and efficient operations, then we would love to hear from you!
Leadership & Planning
- This position will lead the implementation of training projects, using project management skills, methodologies, and tools.
- Lead operational planning meetings with resource planners and delivery teams to convert operational plans into training schedules that optimize facilities use and employee participation.
- Lead training planning activities that correspond to applicable regulations, standards and collective agreements.
- Manage communication and processes for single point of contact (SPOC) for the successful delivery of training.
- Conclude key negotiations with internal & external support organizations, suppliers and other third parties as required.
- Manage communication with Operational units to ensure optimal use of class time and employee attendance.
- Work with Training Delivery Teams to ensure adequate resources are assigned to planned training.
- Key contact to coordinate equipment upgrades and/or repairs in training facilities, hardware etc.
Innovation & Continuous Improvement
- Influence and promote automation ensuring training regulatory and safety requirements are met.
- Influence processes in Air Canada’s learning management system to automate and enable operational training requirements.
- Evolve training completion & reporting capabilities using a variety tools & software.
Budgeting & Cost Management
- Create budget models to support annual training objectives, accounting for capital, operational, IT and equipment costs.
- Maintain budgets, manage accounts payable, invoicing requirements and issues with Finance.
- Assess costs and make appropriate recommendations on training delivery/design.
- Prepare AFCs and business cases for presentation to Finance Committee as required.
Records Management & Reporting
- Oversee centralized training records and systems that meet regulatory and operational needs.
- Responsible to monitor record retention and document archiving.
- Manage record keeping and archiving processes.
- Monitor training activity statistics.
- Responsible for responding to records and audit inquiries related to current and historic training events.
- Collaborate, participate, and provide direction to planning and scheduling teams to run large scale volume with effective optimization of facilities in support of broader company scheduling needs.
- Key contact and liaison for CRE and training facilities management instructor needs for equipment, hardware, maintenance etc.
- 3-5 years experience working planning & logistics
- Possess strong project management skills and experience with a formal certification or certificate in a recognized standard (PMP, PRINCE etc.) an asset
- Pertinent university/college degree, diploma or related studies in logistics, operations, finance or business an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure, managing multiple projects.
- Highly flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong Excel Skills an asset.Bilingual in French and English an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.