Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
- To significantly enhance the financial and operational performance of the Regional Airline Division by providing business units with the necessary information/tools to make informed decisions relating to the application of the Capacity Purchase Agreement on a timely basis.
- Provide financial planning/evaluation/monitoring /control leadership, direction and support.
- Ensure that effective financial and accounting managing processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with corporate/branch financial and accounting policies and requirements.
- Monitor, validate and process incoming charges / revenues as required relating to the carrier Capacity Purchase Agreement.
- Participate in financial audits as required.
- Develop, analyze and monitor the financial plan for the AC Regional Airlines Division.
- Establish positive working relationships with business unit/division management teams and with external contacts.
- Provide financial support and guidance to Branch personnel regarding interpretation and application of financial and accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance of Regional Airlines Division against plans/budgets and ensure corrective actions are undertaken as required; perform post-evaluations of projects/programs as appropriate to assess actual versus target results.
- Establish strong and effective working relationships with client group and function as an integral member of the management team.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. An Accounting designation (CGA or CMA) or an MBA is an asset.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in financial processes and financial analysis techniques.
- Leader and self-starter with demonstrated strong financial, technical skills and creativity.
- Must be results driven, good leader, team player, and attentive to details.
- Demonstrated record of initiative and strong work ethic.
- Experience/knowledge of company/airline operations is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written.
- Demonstrated record of initiative and work ethic.
- Good organization skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Highly motivated and energetic individual with ambition to learn.
- Advanced Excel, Word and Power Point skills and experience working with financial software/applications.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.