Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand, Events, and B2B Marketing, this position is responsible for executing sales marketing and communications strategies and tactics to drive revenue growth and create affinity and brand awareness to traditional and online travel agencies and trade media. This role will oversee the development and implementation and promotional communications designed to communicate Air Canada’s position as a customer-centric airline, and to stimulate sales for new and existing products. A critical objective will also be to create brand affinity and awareness with the influential travel trade community globally.
The ideal candidate is a skilled communicator who is collaborative, customer-centric and keen to contribute to a high-performance sales and marketing team. This is a critical collaboration position working with the Air Canada Global Sales team, requiring a balance of strategic thinking, leadership, execution, organizational and management skills to drive incremental revenue within our commercial business.
- Work with the Director of Product Marketing, Senior Manager, Brand, Events, and B2B Marketing, and the Global Sales leadership on the development of clear business objectives to inform the development of effective B2B sales marketing and communications strategies that are in line with Air Canada brand standards.
- Develop strong, cross-functional, cooperative working relationships with internal teams and external partners.
- Develop the positioning and messaging for our Agency programs and content, with detailed go-to-market strategies for Air Canada’s B2B travel trade targets, including leading the marketing and communication campaign for the Air Canada NDC program.
- Create impactful, go-to-market B2B marketing plans and materials to support our sales process including development of marketing programs, campaigns, contests, support collateral, standard industry presentations, storytelling, PR, to foster industry reputation and acquire new business, ensuring consistent 360 degree messaging.
- Provide direction, development and leadership to the B2B Marketing and Communications Manager who produces and executes content, campaign activity and sales communications assets in support of commercial objectives, ensuring messaging is tailored to specific target and that relevant tactics are selected.
- Oversee the production of Sales Marketing creative material (content and design) produced for the Agency audience.
- Translate commercial business inputs from Global Sales, Network Planning, Revenue Management, Distribution, and Sales Effectiveness into sales-oriented material and content for use through relevant B2B sales channels and by the Global Sales team including but not limited to contests, brochures, flat sheets, ads, social selling, email, digital acquisition, events, trade shows, etc.
- Develop and prioritize sales tools with the sales organization and assist with the creation of assets to support sales organization that include (but not limited to): POS flat sheets, sales sheets, sales presentations, new product launch materials, etc.
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the B2B marketing budget.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify key business needs and opportunities.
- Perform pre and post analysis on impact of marketing initiatives to business growth targets.
- Think strategically and contribute to new ideas and best practices based on key industry trends and assist the selling process with an insights driven approach to solutions.
- Actively monitor market trends and competitor activities.
- Evaluate the delivery of all communication plans. Ensure alignment with the other sales channels such as routes marketing, Aeroplan, etc.
- Lead the management of the social media sharing platform Hootsuite, and explore, research, investigate the use of new media to correspond with travel agencies.
- Ensure all B2B communication and outputs adheres to established corporate branding and image guidelines.
- Manage external service providers and agencies, overseeing projects, invoices, etc for assigned projects and initiatives within portfolio.
- University degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or equivalent and minimum of 5+ years relevant B2B Sales Marketing experience.
- Strong skills across a broad range of marketing communications disciplines in the B2B category including B2B campaign management, collateral development and production, email marketing, social marketing, online marketing, events.
- Solid balance between strategic thinking and executional know how - can define a clear strategy based on insights & analytics, and bring it to life via hands-on execution.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to lead and influence focused support plans that will make the most scalable impact for the business.
- Superb relationship management, problem solving, process, and project management skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail with an ability to navigate in the grey and ask the right questions to determine best solutions/next steps.
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation and influencing skills in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to implement and manage timelines, budgets, projects and resources in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills, the ability to work autonomously, while maintaining strong team spirit and leadership of staff and can mobilize a team to action.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Passion, understanding, and experience within the airline or travel industry is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Teams, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours as required and be available from time to time for urgent communications outside of regular business hours.
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.