Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Data Specialist, Data Management lead will enforce the trust in data by establishing and operationalizing a cohesive Data Management strategy. The incumbent, will establish and drive executions of Framework, Standards, Guidelines and Processes for the entire Enterprise Data & Analytics Department.
- Set and drive data and analytics strategy for the enterprise to meet current and future data demands.
- Build a strong data foundation with appropriate governance and protection.
- Develop rules and processes to manage and control data integrity (accuracy, thoroughness, process compliance) of all data within Data Warehouse and Cloud environment.
- Lead, from a technical standpoint, the data management roadmap encompassing planning, design, and the elaboration of the data Management processes (building, update, communication).
- Implement measures to manage the quality of the Data deliverables to be used by the various Data & Analytics teams.
- Collaborate with the other domain Data Specialist, Data Architect, Data Analyst, Data engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and contribute to policies for data governance.
- Create and update the appropriate documentation framework that allows the Data & Analytics team to consult and update the various Document as a source of truth.
- Align the various Data & Analytics External teams such as the Business partnerships, the PMO, the Enterprise Architecture and the various BI consumers.
- Elaborate and put in place onboarding materials for all new hire including Access need, Documentation, Training and Pairing.
- Host kick-off, follow-up meetings, track activities, and lead of all data management processes.
- Constantly communicate all changing elements within the Data Management Standards, Guidelines and toolsets.
- Collaborate with the various Change Management lead to insure a better takeover.
- Collaborate within the data technology transformation to insure the evolution of all the data management practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Intelligence or a related discipline.
- 5-9 years of IT Data technology, Process leadership experience in a large company.
- SQL knowledge.
- Cloud ecosystem knowledge.
- ETL Data Warehouse and Big Data functional experience.
- Experience of Airline data management is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of data quality management and best practices.
- Working knowledge of data governance processes and SDLC.
- Must possess strong communication (verbal and written), research and interpersonal skills as well as excellent time-management and organizational skills, with a proven ability to be highly productive and efficient in a team driven environment.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.