Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This position may be located in Toronto or Montreal
Are you looking to travel the world, work with amazing colleagues, in a positive work environment that promotes a learning culture?
The Solution Architect – Data & Analytics will lead the Data engineering, ETL/ELT and BI team in translation of business strategies and requirements into specific technical solutions, data assets, process designs and identify associated functional requirements. You will play an integral role in the solution definition for analytics solutions and/or project deliveries and assume the overall responsibility for all technical aspects of solution delivery, from inception through design to implementation (including all aspects related to development, infrastructure, data and configuration management perspectives).
- Create detailed solution design and reviews across relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment to the overall business needs including architecture overview, detailed solution architecture and whenever necessary the architecture decisions and performance testing documents.
- Analyze, document, and optimize the overall solution architecture by developing design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes aligned to industry best practices.
- Provide technical oversight and recommendations on data infrastructure (on-premises and Cloud), Data Engineering and BI tool configuration to project teams.
- Participate in the selection of relevant technologies and products when solicited.
- Present and socialize proposed solutions to technical boards during review sessions as well as articulate and communicate designs to audiences with limited expertise related to the selected technology.
- Support the delivery of the solution by providing insights to the development teams and project managers that plan and execute delivery activities.
- Support implementation processes in association with internal and external development teams, participate in project-related activities and enforces guidelines and standards that production teams use to help guide their work.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of the implemented solution and its adherence to technology strategies, standards and best practices defined by the enterprise architecture team.
- Provide architectural leadership to development teams, and serve as the primary architect resource, and provide technical guidance and leadership to all internal and external teams involved in the implementation process.
- Create solution architecture documents that describe and explain solutions attributes and associated benefits and maintain documentation in collaboration with enterprise architects as well as others solution architects.
- Support the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of solution management methodologies, including obtaining feedback after the solution has been implemented.
- Build standard solution templates for different business use cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field. An advanced degree in a related area, an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience, of which minimum 5 as a solution experience working with integrated Enterprise systems
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail for production of high-quality deliverables
- Strong Knowledge of ETL/ELT frameworks using Talend, Azure Data Factory, Databricks Notebooks(Pyspark).
- Strong knowledge in warehousing concepts and Snowflake based Enterprise Warehouse.
- Strong knowledge of Azure based architecture and services such as RBAC, AAD, VM, ADLS, Azure DevOps, Events hub.
- Highly advanced expertise with data manipulation and visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau or other.
- Must have some experience in at least one of the following RDBMS environments: MS SQL Server, Oracle.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and demonstrated ability to apply SQL creatively to a wide variety of business requirements.
- Strong Knowledge of ETL/ELT tools such as Talend, Informatica, SSIS, or other as well as standards and best practices for ETL development.
- Knowledge on designing and implementing real time ingestion and processing framework.
- Proficient in building secure architecture using: Encryption, azure key vault, Access control, Network security, Advanced data security.
- Organizing and maintaining data processes to meet ongoing data warehouse lifecycle needs.
- Knowledge of Dimensional Data Modelling, Data marts, Data Vault 2.0 modeling.
- Knowledge of Master Data and Reference Data concepts and solutions
- Knowledge of Big Data concepts, Cloud Solutions such as Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Good knowledge of Data Governance principles & tools such as Collibra.62Strong analytical, decision-making skills and demonstrated ability to learn new tools and systems.
- Knowledge in APIs, web services concepts, standards and JSON, XML, XML Schema.
- Experience in designing and implementing large server software with particular attention to security, scalability, and high performance.
- Ability to work across multiple technical teams to set direction and priority.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while demonstrating initiative and using good business acumen.
- Ability to motivate and integrate team members, Team player with effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience working within multidisciplinary and collaborative environments.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.