Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The senior Cloud Analyst is a Technical Subject Matter Expert for Cloud resources provisioning and administration. He also provides coaching for others cloud. The senior Cloud Analyst is s strong and collaborative individual who liaise with a broad range of groups, both within Air Canada and with external IT and business partners for cloud provisioning, configuration, and incident resolution. The senior Cloud Analyst has a deep understanding of Cloud infrastructure provisioning and administration with a successful track record of performance, best practices and incidents resolution in fast changing, high pressure, and challenging roles.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Cloud Services
- Manage Air Canada instances of cloud infrastructure services and multiple cloud vendors including but not limited to: AWS, Microsoft Azure. Lead a team of cloud analyst when setting up public or private cloud systems for Air Canada.
- Designs, develops, deploys, and maintains cloud-based solutions to meet business service requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise for all cloud services including but not limited to: AWS, Microsoft Azure etc. to meet business requirements for reliability and business recovery.
- provisioning and maintenance.
- Participate in Air Canada Cloud Management Center of Expertise and Governance process.
- Support Cloud migration solutions by applying cloud expertise and knowledge to deliver an optimal client experience while minimizing risks and maximizing benefits.
- Participation in troubleshooting of Cloud infrastructure issues and provide leadership/responsibility during major incidents related to Cloud services. Continuously monitoring all Cloud resources access and compliance deviation.
- Consult and collaborate with vendors/partners/extended stakeholders in developing or deploying Cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Develop, document, and validate policies, processes and/or procedures relating to a variety of Cloud concepts and standards.
- Provide performance monitoring and troubleshooting of all the resources using Cloud provider console, web portals or CLI.
- Assist with Air Canada project development, design, implementation, maintenance, and analysis as related to Cloud infrastructure.
- Provide DevOps CI/CD expertise and best practices for pipeline implementation, including cloud infrastructure deployment.
- Work in conjunction with Cloud Technical Architect to ensure all new systems and alterations to existing systems are validated and approved.
- Analyzes assigned business owner account, cloud usage, and capacity requirements.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification (and/or relevant experience)
- 8+ years experience in cloud technology with a focus on IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- 5+ years of Cloud Operations related experience; significant expertise on the Azure ecosystem of services and products. AWS or Azure experience an asset.
- 2+ years of experience of platform architecture and support experience.
- Strong understanding of networks, firewall systems, and routing protocols.
- Expertise in cloud security best practices and use of firewalls, load balancing, encryption, AD, Federated AD, SAML.
- Experience in automation tools (PowerShell, Ansible, CloudFormation, Packer, Terraform, Azure automation].
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with the airline industry is an asset, and transportation/logistics background is also an asset.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills; customer-centric, results-driven, and team oriented.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.