Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Air Canada Maintenance Business Applications is focused on providing expertise and support on all systems and applications as required by Air Canada Maintenance. Collaborate with the IT organization and other businesses to provide proper analysis and test coverage for new system implementations and identify impacts of any changes between various businesses. Ensuring adherence to change management process and proper utilization of applications, issues & bugs resolution and specifically acting as an expert of ACM related business processes. This role is also responsible to articulate complex business problems, lead and implement projects, mentoring and training of users and to support the Business Application Specialist and the customers.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in their functional area & business unit.
- Own continuous improvements and responsible for driving overall directions, enhancing processes and goals for their business areas.
- Detect and communicate applications critical deficiencies to IT and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing the Business Application Specialist.
- Act as the escalation point for more complex business problems and evaluations.
- Provide reports and status updates to senior management for current issues, and initiatives development.
- Analyze business needs relative to operational processes proposing solutions with cost effective and operational performance benefits
- Participate in RFP & POC requirements for new or replacement applications.
- Proactively identify and propose business process and/or system enhancements to improve performance and results in their business areas.
- Be ultimately responsible for and support bug and issues resolution process for TRAX and other business applications.
- Collaborate with Regulatory Compliance or other branches and conduct investigation on risk assessment and safety concerns as required.
- Review escalated issues with IT organization for 2nd level support for resolution.
- Evaluate financial benefits and build business cases for mods and IT initiatives.
- Review and analyze documented business requirements for system modifications.
- Review usage & maintenance of non-operational business reporting tools (e.g. Power BI, Power Apps, WebFocus)
- Review and analyze business requirements for reports and dashboards for development by the BI team.
- Maintain business test scripts for any application in area of responsibility.
- Evaluate, support and test new releases and technologies and provide advice to management teams.
- Identify and develop end-users training requirements and provide mentoring/training for new and existing employees.
- Lead and provide guidance on the implementation of projects and development of new functionality as identified by the Governance Committee.
- Lead and provide guidance on the development of test scripts and technical testing/integration testing for all new systems and/or changes to existing systems.
- Overseeing and monitoring progress on complex and/or multiple projects relative to scope, schedules, and quality.
- Strong knowledge of TRAX and other relevant IT system in the business area.
- Relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- Experience in developing business case and in performing cost benefit analysis
- Understanding of project management best practices
- Strong Familiarity with the processes and procedure for maintenance, engineering and supply chain in an airline with specific specialization aligning with the supported business unit.
- Highly developed PCskills: Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Visio, PowerBI, Power Apps
- Basic understanding of SQL, XML or other scripting languages
- Strong analytical/problem solving experience to deal with complex business problems.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with an aptitude to juggle priorities to meet strict deadlines.
- Sense of initiative, self-discipline and proactive thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a team player.
- Proven ability to mentor and coach others
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, including weekends as required.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.