Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Specialist, IT QA, will play a pivotal role in maintaining, growing, and evolving three key test domains: data quality, performance testing, and our automation framework within our Quality Assurance Center of Excellence (COE). This position is responsible for ensuring efficiency, effectiveness, and adherence to industry best practices within these domains. The candidate will collaborate closely with technical specialists in each domain, documenting processes, maintaining tools, and ensuring governance compliance. Innovation and continuous improvement will be at the core of this role to ensure QA remains focused on bringing in best-in-class tools and methodologies to drive our ability to keep pace with industry trends and technology improvements.
- Oversee and enhance the data quality, performance testing, and automation framework domains to meet evolving business needs and educate teams on best practices, tool adoption and processes from the COE.
- Collaborate with domain-specific technical specialists to ensure processes are well-documented and running efficiently.
- Ensure support to our QA teams across the organization to implement and adopt the processes & tools of the COE.
- Ensure software quality assurance for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Lead business and technology analysis efforts for a particular functional area.
- Execute service requests, ensuring the capacity to meet the demand for these requests.
- Analyze customer defects/feedback and incorporate preventive actions, as required.
- Manage, maintain and implement best-in-class testing tools and infrastructure to ensure their availability, reliability and evolution.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the adoption, utilization, and effectiveness of these tools.
- Provide technology specific financial inputs related to a key functional area.
- Responsible to enforce governance practices and routine audits within the test teams to ensure compliance with established standards and procedures.
- Stay current with industry trends, including the adoption of best-in-class tools and methodologies.
- Responsible to drive continuous improvement and innovation within each domain, using established KPIs to gauge the effectiveness of processes and tools in place.
- Work with the QA director to define the roadmap for the evolution of these practices.
- Fast paced with shifting priorities.
- Working and collaborating with teams or various degrees of maturity.
- Problem solving with a sense of urgency to ensure teams are supported and don’t face down time.
- Critical thinking and a strategic mindset to ensure QA remains at the forefront in technology adoption and best practice.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology).
- 9-12 years of IT technology, operations and people leadership experience in a large company
- Proven experience in quality assurance and testing, with a focus on data quality, performance testing, and automation.
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies, tools, and frameworks.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Proactive attitude towards process improvement and innovation.
- Knowledge and experience with GenAI technology will be considered an asset.
- Prior experience working within a Center of Excellence (COE) will be an advantageous asset.
- A tech enthusiast with a strong desire to innovate and challenge the status quo.
- Supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Room to innovate and try new things.
- Opportunity to work with a variety of technology.
- An environment that has the desire to be best-in-class – we like to challenge the status quo.
- Hybrid flexible working hours.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.