Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Oversees the technological and operational aspects of Flight Simulator and Flight Simulation training devices within Flight Operations.
- Oversight and management of third-party simulator maintenance contract, service level agreements, and activities.
- Liaise with third party simulator maintenance provider to review training device reliability and serviceability though daily, weekly, and monthly review meetings.
- Management and oversight for training equipment configuration control required to align training device configuration to aircraft fleet configuration.
- Serves as liaison with Transport Canada, FAA, and other state regulatory authorities on matters pertaining to initial training device qualification, recurrent qualification, as well as on-going Q/A inquiries.
- Liaise with third-part simulator maintenance provider and provide support and technical guidance for all updates to simulation software and hardware configuration in alignment with the fleet configuration.
- Responsible for budgetary aspects for the procurement and operation of flight simulators and flight simulation support equipment including operational and capital expenditure budget oversight for training equipment in the Toronto and Vancouver training centers.
- Management and oversight responsibilities for procurement of new training devices and update service of existing training devices including capturing customer requirements, creating technical specification requirements, and liaison with corporate procurement for request for vendor proposals. Liaise with Industry Training Device manufacturers during negotiation, procurement, design review, acceptance and installation.
- Embodiment, planning, implementation and management - including capturing customer requirements, developing project plan, liaising with service providers, embodiment and post-implementation audit of all aircraft programs updates and service bulletins that have training simulation equipment impact on training devices.
- Liaise with Aircraft Avionics Engineering, Operations Engineering and Subcontractors in support of testing hardware and software using flight simulation technology as a test bench for aircraft.
- Liaise with OEM aircraft simulation data providers with respect to contractual obligations of simulation data licenses, data contracts, and simulation data package revisions.
- Liaise with internal customers such as Instructors, Training Managers, and Chief Pilots to capture requirements and review concerns.
- Perform routine audits and QA reviews of all Air Canada simulators and training devices as well as QA reviews of third-party devices used by Air Canada for flight training.
- Represent Air Canada Flight Operations in international industry groups such as ARINC FSEMC to identify new technologies and best practices that contribute to enhanced operations.
- Bachelor of Science, Applied Sciences or Engineering with emphasis on aerospace or equivalent. Member of PEO or eligible to become a member is an asset. Project Management experience with embodiment of avionics systems highly desirable.
Licence(s), attestation(s), certification(s), association(s) required
- Six Sigma green belt training or equivalent
- Project Management Certificate (PMP or equivalent) desirable
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, Project and electronic mail efficiently.
- Greater than five years practical experience maintaining Flight Simulation Systems.
- At least three years practical project management experience with a Part 704 or Part 705 Canadian Air Operator in at least two or more of the following areas: Flight Simulation Maintenance, Technical Services.
Range of business/industry knowledge required for the position
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian Air Regulations, ICAO Annexes, FARs, ARINC and industry activities relating to Flight Simulation systems.
- Must demonstrate significant achievements in specific technical areas and/or issues. Criticality: Satisfies CARs, IOSA, SMS, JAR-Ops, and FAA requirements for Flight Simulation Qualification, Configuration Control and Maintenance .
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral English at an advanced (University Degree equivalent) level.
- Additional linguistic requirements: Bilingual (ideal).
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.