Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The International Network Planning Manager will assist in defining, developing, and growing Air Canada’s international route network and fleet deployment in accordance with corporate objectives for profitability, growth, and competitive market position. In collaboration with the Manager, International Network Planning, they will develop and execute on strategic network initiatives to minimize cost and maximize revenues of the entire International Network.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills and demonstrate a keen interest in the airline industry.
- Scheduling, and North America Network Planning
- Revenue Management, Sales, Alliances, and Marketing
- Finance, and Operations
- Airports, and JV Partners
Roles & Responsibilities
This is a critical position within the International Network Planning organization that is responsible for providing analysis and schedules for Air Canada’s route network:
- Identifies and evaluates new market/route opportunities for International expansion and growth
- Works closely with other members of the International Network Planning team to provide analysis and recommendations for the most competitive and profitable route network and seasonal flight schedules, including destinations, routing, capacity, frequency, and flight timings
- Ensure the efficient deployment of Air Canada’s widebody fleet to maximize asset utilization
- Collaborates with the North America Network Planning team to ensure a coherent global network strategy and optimal network connectivity
- Monitors booking trends on International markets and proposes network adjustments when required in order to increase profitability
- Monitors and analyzes competitors’ fleet plans, capacity, networks and schedules; develops appropriate strategic and tactical responses to defend Air Canada’s market position
- Optimizes hub traffic flows, balancing commercial objectives and operational constraints. Redesigns / reroutes passenger flows where appropriate to improve the product, reduce cost, gain competitive advantage, and increase network profitability
- Liaises with all Commercial stakeholders, including RM, Sales, Alliances and Marketing to ensure that the international network strategy is well understood and successfully implemented
- Works closely with Finance, and Air Canada’s operating groups to understand cost levers and develop a cost-effective schedule, while maximizing profitability
- Assists in discussions with current and future Joint Venture partners to maximize the performance of the joint networks
- Participates in discussions and manages relationships with international airports, with the goal of identifying new business opportunities
- Prepares presentations for various stakeholders throughout the company
- Effectively uses network planning and scheduling tools
- University degree in Airline Management, Business, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics is an asset
- 3+ years of experience in the commercial branch of an airline or demonstrated interest in aviation and the airline business
- Core scheduling experience, or ability to learn; high degree of creativity, innovation and resourcefulness in the context of airline planning and scheduling function
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to analyze complex data
- Ability to translate strategic direction into seasonal schedule with strong insights
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and short deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Strong MS Office skills
- Prior experience with NetLine/Plan, DiioMI, DDS, Schedule Manager is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.