Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This role is responsible for delivering and coordinating the training functions within the Air Canada Cargo Department. The role includes liaising with Air Canada Cargo Operations, Customer Service Unit, Dangerous Goods, Warehouse personnel, Sales, Headquarters and external third parties. The role is additionally responsible for training compliance with Service Level Agreements for all Air Canada products, procedures and processes. Will be required to assist the Cargo Training Manager in delivering training at EMEA/UK locations.
- Deliver classroom based and virtual training for all mandatory requirements.
- Monitor and manage all e-Learning to ensure compliance with required standards.
- Deliver all Air Canada operational systems training.
- Deliver operational training to include but not limited to: Cargo reservations; air waybill data capture; outbound / inbound flight processing; departmental procedures; system procedures; warehouse procedures & responsibilities; E-Business; Air Canada Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); Safety; Dangerous Goods.
- Delivery of soft skills training such as Customer Service.
- Research & Develop training material based on local requirements to include: lesson plan; reference guide; handouts; exercises; exams; PowerPoint presentations.
- (Re-)develop corporate training as required to meet local/international requirements in collaboration with Cargo Training & Development YUL
- Work with and oversee warehouse training instructors to include: Operational equipment; forklift driving; Pristine Condition manual handling; other on-the-job training for new employees.
- Work with and oversee office training instructors to include: reception functions; import / export procedures; load planning (Weight and Balance); other on-the-job training for new employees.
- Manage new employee induction.
- Assist auditors in station audits.
- Conduct training in the EMEA/UK stations to meet Air Canada SOP as required.
- Set up new station procedures on-site and deliver required training in conjunction with Manager, GHA Vendor Management.
- Work with our GSA / GHA’s to provide instruction, procedural information and guidance.
- Support function in Frankfurt, particularly if safety related.
- Assess new or additional training needs.
- Other training-related duties as delegated by Cargo Training Manager.
- Demonstrated leadership and presentation skills.
- Must be a team player and role model.
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan workload and meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adapt to evolving situations.
- Must lead by example in all items safety related.
- Training experience essential.
- Minimum of 2 years Cargo experience, preferably in Operations.
- Excellent knowledge of cargo processes and procedures.
- Must be prepared to travel both in Europe and North America to deliver and/or receive/develop training.
- Must have ability to travel and train internationally. Working permit for Germany required.
- Must be able to obtain FRA Airport restricted access identification card (clean background check, security training for sensitive areas, etc.).
- Experience of Weblynx and Smartload advantageous.
- Dangerous Goods certified as check specialist with 2 years work experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
German and English, other languages considered an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted