Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Business Process Manager reports to the Manager Customer Success and is part of the Customer Success team and the Branch shared services group. A key contributor to the Branch shared services team and ambassador of Business Process Management and Change Management expertise within the Branch.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in the various applications used across the operational teams and the objectives of what is required to deliver the desired results of a project/program. They bring the knowledge and analytics to develop the optimal processes in the given business environment to deliver on the desired KPI’s through combining the disciplines of human and technology interactions to maximize results.
This position is responsible for the championing process simplification or removal of complexity from existing processes to achieve optimal output or an elevated customer service. They will also work on designing, modelling, and documenting for the operationalization of regulatory (amendments/new) initiatives that directly affect the customer service/customer recovery programs across the multi-department, the multi-location operational network that comprises the Contact Centres Branch.
This position will also manage and champion the Continuous Improvement opportunities funnel of programs/projects that have been identified to be re-worked.
The key to success in this position is to deliver an implementation blueprint of the business processes to be deployed, ensuring that they are developed with optimal automation, timelines and expected KPG’s. They will become an SME of the output of the assigned projects/programs and the owner of the business process mapping and technical reference flow (TRF), along with any supporting technical documentation that supports operationalization.
This position requires accountability and joint achievement within the annual committed budget for the branch’s KPI of IVR/VRU Containment Rates, IVR/VRU Utilization Rates, Average Time Spent in IVR, NPS, Customer Service Reports (CSR) and Change/Program Management effectiveness.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compiling, interpreting, designing/modeling and describing findings related to proposed/existing business processes originating from internal/external stakeholders that are regulatory drive.
- Responsible for the update and maintenance of Branch continuous improvements funnel and the movement of through programs through the review process.
- Responsible for generating precise, concise and accurate documentation that includes - business requirements documents associated with the task, TRF’s and maintaining all related records related to assigned projects/programs.
- Lead or participate in analytical/research/development of assigned projects/programs.
- Use appropriate measurements, analysis and evaluation methods to reviewing business processes and document business improvements/findings accurately.
- Strong communication skills in writing product briefs, business requirements, operational processes, and technical business requirements documents, including visual representations of deliverables (i.e., mock-ups, flowcharts).
- Design and deliver material improvements that will enhance the customer service delivery through people, process and technology.
- Support a structured, disciplined approach and tools in establishing a Center of Excellence (COE) around Business Process Improvement and Optimization across the branch.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects and improvements are launched effectively from start to finish.
- Analysis & Decision Making - Analyzes problems and situations, and their impacts on the business and its global network. Delivers commercial, fact-based, forward-thinking decisions.
- Strategic Thinking - Brings to life our vision of becoming “A Top 10 Airline in Everything We Do”. Aligns personal and workgroup activities to the organization’s strategic goals and leverages our global network and strength to provide value to our customers.
- Customer Centricity - Builds and delivers solutions for internal and external customers that meet and exceed their needs, identifying innovative opportunities that will benefit them, creating value added services, and working in partnership with customers to drive the business forward.
- Results Orientation - Manages performance, holding self and others accountable to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative, a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, and acts on opportunities to create value.
- Building Collaborative Partnerships - Encourages personal achievement and excellence. Plays a part in attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. Ensures that all talent receives mentoring, training, feedback, and development opportunities.
- Building Talent - Establishes authentic, genuine, and open relationships inside and outside of the organization to build a foundation of influence. Fosters an inclusive culture that makes people feel valued and respected. Works effectively with others across the organization to achieve goals. Ensures that all functions (assigning work, performance management, training and development, succession planning, determining developmental needs, rewarding, and disciplining) are conducted in a fair and equitable way.
- Adaptability - Responds resourcefully and shows nimbleness when faced with new challenges and demands. Effectively manages the pressures and complexities of various situations. Moves forward positively and productively under conditions of change or uncertainty.
- Well-developed business acumen and proven stakeholder consultative approach.
- 3 years of experience within a Call Center/Customer Recovery Operational environment.
- Strong computer skills in using the MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Visio).
- Advanced understanding of robust Business Process Mapping/Flows.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently or as a team.
- A critical thinker who can challenge stakeholders on new approaches/ideas and bring an operational excellence perspective
- Bilingual – French and English.
- Exposure/understanding of the enterprise systems deployed by Air Canada within the Call Centres/Customer Recovery or Baggage Claims.
- University Degree or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Altea ARDWeb and other systems used by the Air Canada or Aeroplan Contact Centres.
- Process Improvement Certification (Business Analysis, Lean, Six Sigma - Green Belt/Black Belt Certification).
- Exposure to the Global Distribution Systems (Amadeus/Sabre/Travelport).
- Exposure to MS Dynamic, Salesforce, iFly or Lucidchart.
This position can be in Montreal, Toronto, or St. John NB.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.