Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager Quality Assurance, the Manager, Cargo Procedures & Operations Support is responsible to ensure cargo advisories, embargoes, advisory circular and branch publications comply with the quality framework, industry and regulatory requirements, and updates communicated globally. This role will provide direction and leadership to the Procedures & Ops Support team. The position plays a strategic role to ensure Air Canada maintains its position at the forefront of industry initiatives, engages community platforms and enhances the cargo network experience with operational efficiency and successful partnerships.
- Manage the Procedures team that develops, maintains, and distributes up to date documentation related to cargo operational procedures and standards that satisfies IOSA and applicable regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the management and control of documentation and/or data used directly to conduct or support cargo handling operations
- Ensure standard operating procedures and other controlled documentation complies with the quality, safety, security, and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the communication of clearly defined cargo operational policies for global operations including safety and security aspects in co-ordination with Corporate Safety, Security, Quality compliance directives
- Manage the development of cargo operational standards, tools, define roles and responsibilities and facilitate implementation and compliance
- Leads the teams implementation of the cargo corporate strategy, specifications and standards for the carriage and handling of AC Cargo Services and Solutions
- Provide leadership to team members on development, maintenance & distribution of Cargo Publication 178, Air Canada Cargo Quality Manual and Cargo Tariff
- Establish corporate policy on restrictions and embargoes relative to Stations, Countries, Airlines and commodities
- Supervise AC Core system enhancements related to cargo operational handling
- Lead Cargo Operational Compliance Audits
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Cargo Operational Compliance Audit protocol references and guidance
- Collaborate with Operations Engineering to create and implement policy
- Liaise with Cargo Learning Development team to maintain accurate cargo training expectations in accordance with SOP's
- Consult with Transport Canada, other Civil Aviation Authorities and Government officials to negotiate the interpretation, application and administrative feasibility of proposed security legislation and regulatory amendments
- Provide direction on technical and regulatory aspects as it pertains to the business process
- University or college with emphasis on management training
- Strong customer focus, verbal and written communication skills
- Project Management Certificate (or equivalent) and credentials / accreditation in Quality Management or equivalent is an asset
- Minimum five (5) years operational experience with a Canadian Air Operator in at least one or more of the following areas; airports, cargo, safety, security
- Possess excellent knowledge of cargo systems, dangerous goods, customs and security regulations and cargo procedures
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems
- Action oriented and ability to multi-task
- Must demonstrate significant achievements in specific quality areas and/or issues; proven superior interpersonal skills, writing skills and leadership capabilities
- Knowledgeable/adept in IATA TCR/PCR, LAR, DGR
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.