Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Cargo Customer Relations is responsible for the overall productivity of the Customer Relations department and successful completion of assigned customer service-related projects. This role will directly manage two (2) Customer Success Manager, be responsible for managing the Claims/Customer Relations budget, as well as overseeing all specialty areas including social media escalations and claims appeals. This position is also responsible for the development of Cargo related material for the Corporate Sustainability Report, the Customer Experience Annual Report and ad hoc communication pertaining to customer related good will policies and procedures. The Manager, Cargo Customer Relations is also responsible to maintain and run the quality and coaching program for Cargo Customer Service.
- Develop strategy to effectively manage volume of Customer Relations complaint, improve Customer Relations processes and customer service delivery.
- Review and revise Customer Relations compensation guidelines.
- Conduct benchmarking with other organizations to determine best demonstrated practices and create strategy to implement findings throughout Cargo Customer Relations.
- Review and streamline existing customer complaint process to ensure consistency and effectiveness in the handling of issues.
- Manage a worldwide reporting system for Customer Relations including a review of the current system of coding.
- Manage and implement strategic initiatives to provide improved pro-active customer recovery.
- Oversee and provide direction to the Customer Success Manager responsible for the quality and coaching program for Cargo Customer Service.
- Oversee and provide direction to the Customer Success Manager specific to the AC Freighter desk (cargo charters) and Jazz.
- Oversee and provide direction to the Customer Success Manager.
- Oversee the handling and communication with customers for complaints sent to executives and/or media and provide direction on appropriate compensation settlements.
- Personally Manage responses to sensitive, high profile cases and close escalated complaints and claims.
- Manage the Customer Relations and Claims budget ($300,000) and report weekly, monthly and annually on claims, good will gestures and other pertinent payout information.
- Monitor and report on Customer Service metrics (i.e. Customer Service quality scorecards, audits, etc.).
- Responsible for the successful delivery of annual Customer Survey
- Oversee and manage coaching surrounding audits and scorecard ratings.
- Oversee and manage relationship from a customer service perspective with Cargo Claims (YHZ) and Cargo Accounting (YWG).
- Evaluate and recommend changes in policies, procedures and systems related to Customer Relations, Claims, Call Centres and Accounting that will enhance the customer experience and satisfaction.
- Participate in management team decision making pertaining to Headquarters and local management decisions.
- Lead and manage projects as assigned
- Effectively communicate to both internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in customer service.
- Coach employees, motivate and engage individuals and the team to build a positive and healthy working environment.
- Create a sense of ownership across the workforce, so that employees feel empowered to use their judgment and experience to make sound decisions.
- Responsible for the collection of data for Corporate Sustainability activities on behalf of the Cargo branch and ensure in line with yearly objectives.
- University degree or equivalent an asset.
- Cargo operational and customer service experience is an asset.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of Air Canada’s customer service and corporate objectives
- Ability to think strategically and strive for excellence
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results.
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
- Ability to respond quickly to situations and seize opportunities.
- Ability to influence, convince and create mutually acceptable solutions in the context of conflicts.
- Possess an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation.
- Exhibit leadership qualities which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate leadership judgment.
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong understand of Air Cargo regulations, potential liabilities and applicable conventions.
- Cargo Operations
- Accident and Incident investigation
- Health & Safety – Branch program
- SMM Risk Assessment (ACRAS)
- SMS Safety Management System
- CAR’s (Canadian Aviation Regulations)
- Accreditation in Quality Auditing and Quality Management
- Knowledge of Branch Quality Manuals - Cargo Operations Manual (Pub 177), Cargo Services Manual (Pub 173), Air Canada Cargo Quality Manual (ACCQM)
- Corporate Safety Management System (SIMS)
- Corporate Risk Assessment
- CAR’s (Canadian Aviation Regulations)
- Legal requirements and responsibilities (CARS, TC, COSHR, ICAO, FAA, TSA etc.)
- Security Regulations
- Dangerous Goods Regulations
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.