Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Operations Excellence, the Manager, Onboard Product Delivery is responsible to operationalize initiatives set forward by the branch and commercial teams. Their focus is to manage the assurance of crew performance regarding onboard ancillary sales, the delivery of on-board products & service standards as outlined in our policies and procedures. Acting as a operational liaison between our Marketing and Cabin Experience team, the Manager, Onboard Product Delivery is responsible for the day-to-day management of ancillaries’ sales ensuring productivity and profitability. Strong commercial acumen, analytical capabilities and sales/business development experience are required.
- Accountable for onboard sale performance and KPI’s, ensure discrepancies are addressed and responsible to decrease lost sale flights due to IFS crew.
- Responsible for all system-wide operational matters related to onboard sales, bistro and duty free.
- Be the lead contact person for the branch for items and issues related to Customer Care complaints, accountable to manage and trend complaints and ensure appropriate resolution, including strategizing resolutions for trending and forecasted issues.
- Accountable to act on behalf of In-Flight for all product initiatives and introductions,
- Develop and execute Audit plan for HHD devices and other areas impacting inflight customer experience as related to product and service offerings. Work closely with catering partners to ensure compliance.
- Identify lost sales due to HHD and ensure corrective action
- Work closely with the Cabin Experience team to operationalize new onboard initiatives with regards to; Service, Bistro, Duty-free.
- Responsible to brief, coach and ensure management readiness for all onboard initiatives.Manage the onboard sales portfolio for the system to ensure consistency, profitability and crew sales performance.
- Provide coaching as needed to front line crew with regards to sales performance
- Liase with Buy On Board Team and responsible for Buy On Board and Hand Held Device performance.
- Responsible for the promotion of sales incentives at the base relating to crew.
- Responsible for base product displays and promotional campaigns to promote new onboard service products, sales targets, and crew incentives.
- Acts as the SME for industry audit platforms such as Skytrax and responsible to prepare base management for audits.
- Work closely with IFX team, Service Director Managers, as well as Base Management to ensure deficient areas are identified which could affect agency ratings.
- Accountable for all recommendations, follow-ups and coaching to the Cabin Crew Employees specific to service failures.
- Liaison for all Duty Free initiatives
- Responsible to address all product deficiencies and complaints and provide recommendations to the Cabin Crew Manager for them to effectively coach cabin crew employees, including management of discipline and follow up when required.
- Develop and manage the follow up for all customer complaints specific to product failures and management of recognition programs specific to product
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant In-Flight and/or Product experience
- University degree in related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of airline experience
- Experience in leading, motivating and coaching a management team to success
- Successfully complete the Flight Attendant training program
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create and achieve a vision
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and achieve multiple objectives
- Highly adaptable and flexible to support a 24/7 operation
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.