Location: Montreal, QC, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: Based on experience
- Junior Mechanic: $26.74/hour
- Aircraft Technician: $32.77/hour
Category: Unionized (IAMAW)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill a permanent full- time position as an Aircraft Support Equipment Mechanic.
The ASE maintenance professional should have the following skill sets:
- Knowledge of complex electrical and hydraulic systems, and metal fabrication and welding.
- Candidates should be able to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
- High School diploma.
- Valid Automotive Service Technician, Commercial Transport Mechanic or Heavy-Duty Mechanic trades certification.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the trade.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
- Must be able to do shift work.
- Candidates need to be flexible.
- CPA (Comité Paritaire Automobile du Québec) OR Red Seal
- Advanced hydraulic systems
- Automotive Inspection certificate/licenses.
- Previous experience maintaining mobile ground power (generators), air start units (compressors up to 250 cfm) but will also consider experience in Farm or Heavy Industrial equipment.
- Current security clearance
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.