Location: Montreal, QC, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $22.52/hour
Category: Unionized (IAMAW – Clerical)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
- Performs operational and/or administrative duties of a complex nature, using a variety of software applications. These positions require a high level of accuracy due to consequence of error and fines/penalties to the Company and/or loss of revenue. This position requires initiative and judgment.
Tasks / responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, format and produce creative high quality documents, reports, etc.
- Develop, prepare, and provide statistical reports
- Prepare comparative analysis
- Prepare monthly statistical summary of catering expenses
- Maintain monthly record of invoices paid or outstanding
- Prepare cost analysis and statistics
- Plan, coordinate, and execute road shows, where travel may be required
- Assist with product displays
- Recommend and assist in implementing improved methods and procedures
- Provide on-the-job training, direction, guidance and assistance to other employees in the department.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Record and maintain operational records and/or endorsements
- Comply with Company Policies, Collective Agreements and/or Government Regulations
- Liaise with internal and external customers
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Works with minimal or no supervision
- First level troubleshooter of hardware/software
- Assist with compilation of operating business plan
- Monitor reports, investigate discrepancies and calculate accruals
- Maintain ledgers
- Audit invoices
- Ensure flight crew meals and/or ground allowances are provided
- Process and calculate pay adjustments/expenses
- Compose, format and prepare correspondence
- Maintain computerized meal costing system
- Operate mainframe printers and related equipment
- Prepare and distribute reports to meet production printing deadlines
- Control and monitor printing system to maintain availability, serviceability and reliability
- Monitor printers for quality control
- Coordinate maintenance and up-keep of equipment problems
Task allocation may vary from one department to another
In addition to the above, may be required to perform the Tasks / Responsibilities as outlined in Assistant Coordinator and Coordinator Levels.
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Skills / knowledge:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, as well as formatting and proofreading skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Aptitude for math
- Minimum 3 years office experience
- Some positions require the ability to take minutes
- Some positions require Licenses, e.g. Driver’s, MOT, AVOP etc.
- Some positions may require lifting and climbing.
- Some positions may require shift work and/or work staggered starting and stopping times
- Some positions may be exposed to weather conditions
Priority will be given to candidates that are bilingual in English and French. Air Canada, operating in a global industry and serving customers from all over the world, strives to offer all of its customers a positive and memorable travel experience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.