Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are seeking a highly skilled Systems Engineer to join the Air Canada Maintenance (ACM) Engineering Team. The qualified incumbent will be responsible for reliability and airworthiness of B767 hydro-mechanical systems* together with support to Line and Airframe Maintenance for the assigned systems. In addition, the candidate will support the different department within and outside of Air Canada Maintenance. This position will report to the Manager, System Engineering within ACM.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
Initiate and develop technical solutions to ensure aircraft system’s performance meets corporate requirements for cost, reliability, and airworthiness.
- Review aircraft systems data and identify root cause of failure once in-service
- Develop cost effective engineering solutions with justification to reduce out-of-service events and to improve system reliability:
- Raise request for financial approval
- Develop in-house solution or embodiment of applicable Service Bulletin
- Prepare engineering calculations and / or tests and related reports.
- Recommend maintenance manuals revisions
- Assess impact on aircraft maintenance program and systems configuration
- Review and embodiment of Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins
- Conduct technical investigations and prepare reports on incidents or accidents caused by malfunction or operational deviations
- Provide engineering support (on and off work hours) to other departments including but not limited to:
- Line Maintenance and Maintenance Control for troubleshooting on-wing systems problems
- Airframe Maintenance during Heavy Maintenance events
- Aircraft Programs for Entry into Service or aircraft returns
- Liaise with OEM’s (original equipment manufacturer), MRO’s (maintenance repair organization) and Regulatory Agencies
- Maintaining knowledge of Transport Canada regulations affecting area of expertise
Air Conditioning, Flight Controls, Fuel, Hydraulic, Ice & Rain, Landing Gear, Oxygen, Pneumatic, Water/Waste
- Bachelor of Engineering with a concentration in Mechanical or Aeronautical from a Canadian/Canadian recognized university (proof of equivalency required)
- Several years of relevant experience (minimum of 6 years with eligibility to become a Transport Canada delegate) in aerospace industry mainly in managing hydro mechanical aircraft system
- Candidate must be:
- Members or qualify for admission to a Provincial Engineering Association (Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec, Professional Engineers of Ontario, etc)
- Eligible for or work towards a Transport Canada recognized delegation in the Systems specialty (Candidate Delegate/Delegate Engineer designation)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English – French is an asset
- Willingness to be on call and to work flexible hours when needed
- Ability to work without direct supervision, high sense of initiative
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good familiarity with most commonly used PC-based software
- Be able and available to travel where our aircraft modifications/repairs are performed
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.