Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for interpreting the organization’s material demand forecast, create a supply plan to meet and execute it. The candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify risks and opportunities for improved planning, including "right part, right time" strategy and target stock levels. The incumbent will collaborate with Maintenance Planning, Logistics, Engineering, Vendor Management, and other departments to assess and meet all internal customer requirements. The Manager will also serve as a focal point for internal (SC) and external (Maintenance) customers and ensures target service levels for Air Canada are achieved.
As part of the supply plan, the incumbent will be responsible to maintain allotments accurate in alignment with the changing fleet plan and/or flight schedule. The Demand Planning Manager will ensure that potential shortages/risks to the plan are escalated, and mitigating actions are developed to ensure the operational demands are filled, including any financial risks as per the agreed Budget
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Responsible to identify risks and opportunities for improved parts planning.
- Collaborate with Material Replenishment Operations business units to ensure timely material availability to support operational requirements.
- Collaborate with Engineering organization to interpret future material needs and build supply plans to ensure that sufficient stock is on hand to support the maintenance plan
- Provide allotment strategy recommendations and supply solutions for all Maintenance internal customers such as Line Maintenance, Airframe Maintenance & Engine Maintenance.
- Define allotment strategies for stations/locations and part segment groups in line with the forecast and fleet operations
- Identify allotment adjustments to mitigate usage variations and input/adjust as required.
- Communicate with the proper stakeholders any changes required in the allotment strategy
- Support Manager, Material Planning in developing strategies and actions to ensure continuous monitoring for key components and critical segments (e.g., Expensive critical parts, passenger convenience items, etc.)
- Assist in determining budget requirements and ensure allotments respect the financial plan; support business case development for each of the identified material requirements where necessary and ensure capital budget requirements are distinctly defined.
- Define required adjustments to the allotments, respecting service levels and financial requirements; Identify opportunities for allotment reduction and redeployment of inventory to serve alternate locations and/or surplus sales
- Support Manager, Material Planning in optimizing inventory levels through review of operational and financial impacts of the forecast and adjust accordingly
- Conduct asset ownership reviews in collaboration with Vendor Management and Replenishment teams.
- Develop a periodic inventory review process at an agreed frequency with other stakeholders, such as repair order TAT improvement on consistently delayed components affecting the service levels and/or inventory value
- Evaluate and take corrective actions on inventory management systems/tools limitations, such as report creation in Servigistics, TRAX, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Operations management, supply chain management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, operations planning/scheduling, materials management or other Sales Inventory & Operations Planning related functional area.
- Demonstrated understanding of inventory forecasting and supply planning methods, with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts, preferably in an Airline or MRO environment.
- Experience with demand forecasting, inventory supply planning and/or order replenishment tools/systems.
- Experience with integrated supply chain concepts.
- Must be able to communicate supply chain objectives clearly and convey the benefits to the organization
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills
- Strategic thinking abilities and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to the demands and requirements of a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with alliances and partnerships in the extended supply chain and with stakeholders at all organizational levels
- Advanced PC skills including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, PowerBI, and MRP / ERP systems
- Familiarity with Transport Canada Aviation regulations, TRAX &Servigistics is an asset
- Ability to reach consensus with internal and external customers.
- Ability to build long-term working relationships with team and customer base both internal and external.
- Able to resolve conflicts that arise in the course of the work to be accomplished.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.