Location: Montreal, QC, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $22.30/hour
Branch: Financial Planning
Category: Unionized (IAMAW – Clerical)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
To maintain and process accurate records and accounts related to accounting systems.
- Verify and process invoices
- Operate specific department/Company software programs
- Answer telephones
- Maintain a high level of accuracy
- Organize and prioritize workload
- Work under pressure
- Audit, input and update data
- Reconcile accounts
- Prepare reports
- Prepare/compose letters
- Research, resolve and respond to internal/external customers’ issues and queries
- Work with minimal or no supervision
- Maintain, calculate and input information
- Process internal/external payments
- Handle cash and checks
- Calculate and process claims
- Prepare and distribute statements
- Verify, calculate and adjust pay claims as requested
- Comply with Collective Agreements, Company Policies and Government Regulations
In addition to the above, all positions may be required to perform the following Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- May be required to perform other related duties which do not affect the nature of the job
- Data capture airmail documents
- Verify, rate and adjust air waybills/documents
Task allocation may vary from one department to another.
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
- High School graduation
- Completion of CGA 101 or equivalent in an asset
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with Collective Agreements, Company Policies and/or Government Regulations
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Some positions may require shift work and/or work staggered starting and stopping times
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
** Classifications included: Accounting Support Level 1, 2 & 3
Bilingual (English and French).
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.