Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
As Specialist, Product Delivery, you will be instrumental in the successful launch of all Contact Centre and Customer Care products, with full accountability for product delivery functions. You will work closely with each product team and oversee the end-to-end product development cycle. Ensure features are being delivered and that teams are hitting key milestones. Advocate for the team members and ensure good team health and cohesion. Ensure that product teams are staffed accordingly to achieve goals. Help clear any blockers or bottlenecks to allow team members to focus on their core area of expertise. Work in tandem with the Product Manager and Product Owner to maintain level of quality and scope throughout the project.
- Championing and supporting multiple core teams across the department to drive the successful development and delivery of products.
- Be a part of the contact centres and customer care leadership team who set strategy, lead planning and drive execution for contact centre products across the team.
- Managing critical decision making, resourcing, and delivery tracking on the program level to ensure cross-team alignment throughout the entire product development lifecycle.
- Leading the maturation of product development, agile, and program delivery best practices and processes across the department, including ways of working, software tools, and equipment planning/management.
- Identifying and driving process improvements that reduce risk and improve efficiency for all aspects of product development and team cohesion, including team onboarding, culture, health, and success management.
- Attract, grow and support a world-class team of talented collaborators across necessary digital product creation disciplines. Assess the need for additional disciplines as necessary. Partner with areas across our Digital teams for support beyond disciplines directly on the team.
- Sustain high performance by empowering the team, maintaining clear expectations, fostering a mentorship culture and focusing on transparent, evidence-based performance management.
- Driving greater collaboration and integration of the Harmony product and CR 26 operational efficiency and expediting product development.
- University degree / College diploma in Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent. Master of Business Administration is an asset.
- Certified Agile Project Management, Agile Coach, or Scrum Master designation, actively working toward completion, or equivalent is an asset.
- 5+ years of product delivery experience.
- Track record as a “people-first” leader known as much for their contributions to a healthy culture and employee productivity as to business outcomes.
- Familiarity or working experience in the airline industry and/or loyalty is an asset.
- Strong problem-solving mindset and critical thinker.
- Proven ability to separate what is important from what is urgent and focus on priorities that drive outcomes.
- Strong team player. Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations, as well as temporarily perform roles beyond your discipline to support the team.
- Keen sense and awareness of latest trends and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Jira and familiarity with InVision, Sketch, and JSON.
- Understanding of product development lifecycles and process improvement methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate across different functional roles (designers, developers, product, and non-technical stakeholders).
- Excellent project delivery skills with proven accomplishments leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience in maintaining and prioritizing product backlogs to direct work.
- Familiarity with a range of agile delivery techniques and tools.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.