Location: Montreal, QC, Canada (Onsite)
Salary: Based on experience
- Junior Mechanic: $26.74/hour
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer: up to $42.93/hour
Category: Unionized (IAMAW)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is presently looking for a dynamic individual to fill permanent full-time position of Aircraft Interior Mechanic.
Aircraft Interior Mechanics are responsible for the repair, maintenance and installation of seats, interior galleys and other aircraft furnishings and should have the following skill sets:
- Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform repairs and maintenance of aircraft interiors.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
- You must have completed 2 years of College in a Technical Training school with a Diploma
- 4 years' work related experience in auto, aircraft, rail, furniture, marine upholstery or in cabinetry
- CAMC Registered "Aircraft Interior Technician" - an asset
- Possession of valid driver's license
- Preference will be given to those who have served an apprenticeship in aircraft interiors.
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam
- Be available to work days, evenings or nights including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.